[SatNews] At Satellite 2015 Exhibition Airbus Defense and Space will showcase a technology portfolio that includes advanced mobile and fixed connectivity solutions for reliable communications. This display of portable antennas and handheld satellite phones demonstrates how communications needs can be met, for customers in defense, maritime and enterprise sectors, where telecommunications infrastructure is damaged or unavailable.
Other Airbus Defense and Space events at the conference include;
- Evert Dudok, head of Communications, Intelligence and Security for Airbus Defense and Space will lead a press briefing on Monday, March 16 at 7:45 a.m. in room 304 of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
- The latest developments in the Skynet military satellite constellation.
- Introduction of a new strategic partnership with a major satellite network operator.
- The result in the maritime VSAT.business since the launch of a new offering at Satellilte 2014.
- Technology demonstrations at booth 4016, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, March 16-19 in Washington D.C.
- Evert Dudok will also be among the speakers in the conference covering the topic “Transformative Change Across the Value Chain“ on Monday, March 16 at 9:00 a.m. in room 207A.
On display will be products and solutions for the military and commercial satellite communications sectors such as Skynet 5, SES-12 and DirecTV 15, ranging from secure band services and connectivity solutions to telecommunications and commercial communications satellites. Airbus Defense and Space is now leading the race for full electric propulsion for high powered telecommunication satellites with three satellite contracts in less than a year.
Attendees and customers will learn details about;
- DirecTV 15, based on Airbus Defense and Space’s highly reliable Eurostar E3000 platform, will be launched in May 2015. It has a record broadcast capacity and will become the most powerful satellite of the DirecTV fleet. This satellite is one of four satellites for the North American market being built by Airbus DS, the only company serving the seven biggest world telecommunications satellites operators.
- SES-12 is the most powerful telecommunications satellite ever ordered by SES, and one of the three full Electric Orbit Raising (EOR) satellites being built by Airbus Defense and Space, together with Eutelsat 172B also ordered in 2014 and recently ordered SES-14, the only full EOR satellites ordered to date with large/high power missions. SES-12 satellite incorporates multi-beam antennas linked to a digital signal processor that enables a multitude of basic spectral channels to be allocated to various beams in a completely flexible manner.
- On display will be the secure X-band, Ku/C-band, L-band and Ka-band services.