[SatNews] CASBAA’s annual Satellite Industry Forum is once again being held in Singapore at the beginning of June. The conference explores the latest developments and issues affecting the satellite industry in the Asia Pacific. Taking place on June 1st at the Grand Hyatt Singapore, the CASBAA Satellite Industry Forum 2015 is a one day event that brings together industry experts to examine a variety of hot topics and to exchange and discuss information critical to the development of the communications sector and related services across the Asia-Pacific. Register here.
The conference continues to grow from strength to strength with an impressive lineup of speakers and a good mix of Asian and global players in attendance. Last year approximately one hundred companies were represented with almost half of the delegates coming from the U.S. and Europe—with most of the balance coming from Asia.
“Satellite services are instrumental in delivering television signals to the bulk of viewers across the region, and the satellite sector is an integral component of the multichannel TV industry in Asia.” said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. “The annual CASBAA Satellite Industry Forum is an extremely important event in our calendar, a fact that is reflected by our very active Satellite Industry Committee, as well as by the number of satellite-related companies that are CASBAA members.”
This year’s welcoming Keynote speech will be delivered by Houlin Zhao, Secretary-General of the ITU. “Zhao only took office in January of this year so for many this will be the first opportunity for people to see him in this capacity,” said Kevin Jennings, Program Director, CASBAA.
In addition, CASBAA announced that Stephen Spengler, Chief Executive Officer of Intelsat is delivering the Industry Keynote. Spengler is a satellite and telecommunications industry veteran with experience in the media, broadband, government and Internet sectors and is a driving force behind Intelsat’s next generation of satellite solutions.
The Deputy Minister of Communications and Information Technology Myanmar, U Thaung Tin, will also speak at the Forum and discuss Myanmar’s plans to launch its own satellite and the results of how a sovereign satellite will impact the country.
The theme for 2015 asks “Is The Satellite Game Changing?” in acknowledgement of the ever-evolving industry landscape. The agenda for this year’s forum will touch upon the challenges the industry is facing as the very definition of television changes to embrace new technologies, delivery methods and consumer habits. Review the program here.
As well as speaking with game changers and new kids on the block, the forum will discuss whether high throughput satellites are the answer to reducing costs for customers. Another panel session is provocatively titled “Staring the Future of TV in the Face—A Watershed for the Satellite Industry?”
The roster of speakers encompasses the whole value chain of the satellite industry including:
- Mitsutoshi Akao, Exec Officer Space & Satellite Bus Group, SKY Perfect JSAT
- PJ Beylier, CEO, SpeedCast
- Terry Bleakley, Regional VP, Asia Pacific, Intelsat
- Paul Brown-Kenyon, CEO, MEASAT
- Thomas Choi, CEO, ABS
- Gregg Daffner, CEO, GapSat;
- Gonzalo de Dios, Associate General Counsel, Intelsat
- Michel de Rosen, CEO, Eutelsat
- Dr. Ali Ebadi, SVP, Space Systems Development, MEASAT
- Vern Fotheringham, CEO, LeoSat
- Yvon Henri, Chief, Space Services Department, ITU
- Huang Baozhong, EVP, APT Satellite
- Erwin Hudson, Programme Manager, ViaSat
- Ferdinand Kayser, CCO, SES
- Ethan Lavan, Director of Orbital Resources, Eutelsat,
- Deepak Mathur, SVP Commercial, Asia-Pacific and Middle East, SES
- Barry Matsumori, SVP, Commercial Sales and Business Development, SpaceX
- Deepakjit Singh, MD, Asia, Encompass Digital Media
- Soo Yew Weng, MD, Globecast Asia
- Dave Ulmer, SVP& GM Asia, SeaChange International
- Bill Wade, President and CEO, AsiaSat
Plus many others
The CASBAA Satellite Industry Forum 2015 also recognizes the generous support of the sponsors for this year’s event:
- Lockheed Martin
For more information about the event, please visit.