[SatNews] ...additional foreign and worldwide data sources, and the ability to track flights without available flight plans, in the U.S. and abroad.
FlightAware is announcing major developments to global flight tracking at NBAA 2014, including the launch of FlightAware’s worldwide ADS-B network, additional foreign and worldwide data sources, and the ability to track flights without available flight plans, in the U.S. and abroad. You can see firsthand at Booth #4845 at NBAA Convention 2014 in Orlando, Florida.
New services and developments include:
Worldwide ADS-B Network
- Real-time, high precision position updates available for ADS-B-equipped aircraft when operating within coverage of FlightAware’s worldwide network of over 1,000 ADS-B ground stations in over 70 countries.
- FlightAware uses live ADS-B data to seamlessly augment other position sources (e.g., RADAR, data-link, etc.) and provide real-time flight tracking and mapping for operators in over 70 countries around the world.
- FlightAware’s latest FlightFeeder® ADS-B receiver is available for viewing and demo at FlightAware’s booth (#4845) at NBAA.
Flight Plan Advisories
- For countries where FlightAware does not receive flight plans automatically (outside of the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand), FlightAware Global customers can now input schedules into FlightAware’s “Flight Plan Advisory Service” web page. Subsequent positions received from that aircraft over ADS-B or datalink will automatically activate the flight plan and allow worldwide flight tracking.
Worldwide Datalink Flight Tracking
- In addition to existing datalink partners, FlightAware now supports satellite datalink from handheld Iridium tracking units sold by DeLorme, YB Tracking, Rock Seven, and Apex Flight Operations. Handheld Iridium solutions provide a sub-$1000 worldwide satellite-based flight tracking solutions for operators who do not have an integrated cockpit solution.
- These new partnerships are in addition to existing worldwide datalink integration with ARINC Direct, Garmin, Honeywell GDC, Satcom Direct, Spidertracks, SITA, and Universal Weather UVdatalink.
Europe Tail Numbers Tracking
- Although previously limited to operators with an ICAO call sign, FlightAware can now provide comprehensive tracking of business aviation flights that operate under a tail number.
- For flights without a flight plan (e.g., VFR repositioning flights), FlightAware can now synthesize a flight plan based on positions received from RADAR, datalink, or ADS-B, which can allow real-time tracking of unscheduled operations.
FlightAware (flightaware.com) is a flight tracking and flight data company, and was the first company to offer free flight tracking services for both private and commercial aircraft in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand. FlightAware provides flight tracking, flight data, and flight planning services in over fifty countries to over eight million people each month. Founded in 2005, FlightAware is privately held and has offices in Houston and New York.
Learn more at this info site http://flightaware.com/news/article/FlightAware-Releases-Major-Enhancements-to-Global-Flight-Tracking-for-Business-Aviation/200