[SatNews] The network of ‘tomorrow’ for the tactical edge should support a broad range of operational conditions and deliver robust, reliable communications to all echelons and various mission partners throughout all stages of any operation, in any environment.
Efforts towards creating common operating environments, using virtualization / cloud computing, hosted payloads for SATCOM, and creating a JIE are just a few of the TTPs helping to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of tactical comms.
Military communications networks are by definition dynamic, under stress and vitally important. The Army's focus to 'simplify' the network along with advances with WIN-T, the Navy's SATCOM technologies and the Air Force's efforts at joint aerial layer networking will soon allow for more secure, mobile networked communications worldwide. However challenges such as interoperability amongst legacy systems, cyber security, converging network operations tools , spectrum access, and untethering the maneuver commander remain at the forefront.
ASDEvents' Military Tactical Communications Summit is designed as an educational and training “Town Hall” forum, where thought leaders and key policy-makers across U.S. military and U.S. civilian organizations can come together for actionable discussions and debate. The Summit will focus on a networked approach to providing communications at the tactical edge. The Summit will occur from September 22 through the 23 in Alexandria, Virginia.
Subjects to be tackled:
- Bringing common data and operating environments to the tactical edge
- JIE and MPEs: Improving secure messaging with coalition and Allied Partners in a tactical environment
- Cloud computing / virtualization for a tactical environment
- Future afloat MAGTF: network-enabled and digitally interoperable
- pen architectures for C4I
- Increasing high-speed transmission capacity for voice and data communications
- Pushing cyber situational awareness data to the tactical edge
- Spectrum management/ shared spectrum access
- Untethering the maneuver commander
- Hosted payloads and SATCOM - OTM
- Shipboard and undersea C4I capabilities
This event is open only to US Citizens and Citizens of NATO member countries. Register for the Military Tactical Communications Summit via this infopage link...