And so the list grows...now at 36 these experts will gather for one day. This is something that would take months of travel and careful planning in order to meet with each of these professionals, let alone afford their individual rates.
The Space and Satellite Regulatory Colloquium will be held at the Jones Day Conference Facilities and is presented by SatNews in collaboration with ManSat and Jones Day on Thursday, October 24th from 8 am until 6 pm.
These three agencies have been planning the event carefully, choosing the most respected and noteworthy specialists in their field. It is truly an elegant group of experts. For you to be able to stand amongst them for this one day will certainly be a memory held for a lifetime.
The conference center takes full advantage of the historic and beautiful scenery as it overlooks and provides views of the majestic U.S. Capitol Building. Here breakfast and lunch will be provided, and at the conclusion a reception will be held on the patio overlooking the Capitol Building with a wine tasting and cocktail hour. Ensure that you book your space today, so that you can rub elbows with all the 'Who’s Who'.
A colloquium is an academic seminar usually led by a different lecturer and on a different topic at each meeting. This is an understatement with the list of 36 guest academics who will be presenting a plethora of information—and all in one day, October 24th!
What you don’t know in the area of emerging space law and regulatory issues that are facing the U.S. Administration and International governments could hurt you.
Reservations are rapidly filling, and it is recommended that you register here today.
On October 24th, from 8 am until 6 pm, attendees will be in rapt attention gleaning words of wisdom from;
- Ric Bastos, Orbital Communications
- Jeffrey BlumDISH Network LLC
- Ian Blumenstein, Jones Day
- Jeff Carlisle LightSquared (formerly SkyTerra)
- Giovanna Cinelli, Jones Day
- Patricia Cooper , Satellite Industries Association
- Sue Crandall, Intelsat General
- Stephen Daoust, Iridium Satellite LLV
- Elizabeth Evans, Jones Day
- Jeff Foust, Futron's Space & Telecommunications Division
- Ulrich Goebel, Bird & Bird
- David Hartshorn, GVF
- Henry Hertzfeld, George Washington University, Space Policy Institute
- David Howgill, Huckworthy Applied Technology Consulting & Distribution services
- Ram Jaku, McGill University
- John Janka Latham & Watkins LLP
- Eddie Kato, Thales Alenia Space North America, Inc.
- Dennis Krepp, Office of National Security and Technology Transfer Controls
- Michael Laychak, Office of the Secretary of Defense/Defense Technology Security Administration
- Stefan Lopatkiewicz Dorsey & Whitney, LLP
- Michael Lopez-Alegria, Commercial Spaceflight Federation
- Rebecca MacPherson, Jones Day
- Jennifer Manner, Echostar
- Pamela L. Meredith Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger, L.L.P.
- Clayton Mowry, Arianespace
- Chris Murphy, Inmarsat
- Armand Musey, Summit Ridge Group, LLC
- Baroness Emma Nicholson, Former member House of Lords & House Parliament UK
- Joe Pelton, International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety
- Patrick Rayermann, Astrium Services Government, Inc.
- Joslyn Read, O3b Networks
- Gregory Shumaker, Jones Day
- Delbert Smith, Esq., Jones Day
- Chris Stott, ManSat
- Don Thoma, Aireon Satellite LLC
- Tom Tshudy, International Launch Services - ILS
REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
WELCOME AND OPENING DIALOGUE
- Welcome: Gregory Shumaker, Jones Day
- Dialogue on "The Law in Space in the 21st Century": Christopher Stott, Chairman and CEO, Spacelsle and ManSat and Del Smith, Jones Day.
LEGAL AND REGULATORY ISSUES AFFECTING SATCOM SPECTRUM AVAILABILITY
- MODERATOR: John P. Janka, Partner, Latham & Watkins
- Panelist: Jeffrey H. Blum, SVP and Deputy GC, DISH Network LLC
- Panelist: Joslyn Read, VP, Regulatory Affairs, O3b Networks
- Panelist: Jeffrey J. Carlisle, EVP Regulatory Affairs & Public Policy, LightSquared
- Panelist: Chris Murphy, Senior Director, Government Affairs, Inmarsat
- Panelist: J. Armand Musey, Summit Ridge Group, N.Y.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SPACE SECTOR FINANCING AND HOSTED PAYLOADS
- MODERATOR: Elizabeth Evans, Partner, Jones Day
- Panelist: Don Thoma, CEO, Aireon Satellite LLC
- Panelist: Stephen Daoust, Senior Counsel, Iridium Satellite LLV
- Panelist: Ian Blumenstein, Partner, Jones Day
- Panelist: Stefan Lopatkiewicz, General Counsel, Eutelsat America
COFFEE AND NETWORKING
IS THERE SYNERGY OR OPEN WARFARE AHEAD FOR SATELLITE AND WIRELESS - WHAT'S AT STAKE COMMERCIALLY?
- MODERATOR: David Hartshorn, Secretary General Global VSAT Forum
- Panelist: Sue Crandall, Legal Counsel, Intelsat General
- Panelist: David Howgill, President, Huckworthy Applied Technology Consulting & Distribution services
- Panelist: Jennifer A. Manner, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, Echostar
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR; ITAR AND EAR REQUIREMENTS POST EXPORT REFORM
- MODERATOR: Giovanna Cinelli, Partner, Jones Day
- Panelist: Mr. Dennis L. Krepp, Director, Sensors & Aviation Division, Office of National Security and Technology Transfer Controls
- Panelist: Mr. Michael Laychak, Director, Licensing Directorate, Office of the Secretary of Defense/Defense Technology Security Administration
KEYNOTE LUNCHEON SPEAKER
- Baroness Emma Nicholson : Effectual regulatory measures - Political ideas, practical applications.
BUILDING A FRAMEWORK FOR SPACE LAW AND POLICY IN THE COMING DECADE; DO WE NEED TO START OVER?
- MODERATOR: Del Smith, Senior Telecommunications Counsel, Jones Day
- Panelist: Dr. Ulrich Goebel, Managing Partner, Bird & Bird, Munch, Germany
- Panelist: Patrick Rayermann, Col., U.S. Army (Ret) Senior Manager, Business Development Astrium Services Government, Inc.
- Panelist: Eddi Kato, CEO, Thales Alenia Space North America, Inc.
- Panelist: Ric de Bastos, Ret./President, Orbital Communications, International, and Ret/Executive Vice President, Lockheed Martin
- Panelist: Pamela L. Meredith, Chair, Space Law Practice Group, Zuckert Scoutt Rasenberger
LEGAL STAR WARS: ORBITAL DEBRIS, SPACE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT, AND THE NEED TO REGULATE THE "PROTOZONE"
- MODERATOR: Dr. Joseph Pelton, Executive Board, International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety
- Panelist: Dr. Henry Hertzfeld, George Washington University, Space Policy Institute
- Panelist: Dr. Ram Jaku, Associate Director, Institute of Air and Space Law, McGill University
- Panelist: Rebecca MacPherson, Jones Day
WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR THE SPACE LAUNCH INDUSTRY: REGULATION, CONSOLIDATION, OR FRAGMENTATION?
- MODERATOR: Christopher Stott, Chairman and CEO, Spacelsle and ManSat
- Panelist: Tom Tshudy, Vice President and General Counsel, International Launch Services, Reston, Virginia
- Panelist: Clayton Mowry, President, Arianespace, Inc., Washington, D.C.
- Panelist: Patricia Cooper, President of Satellite Industries Association
- Panelist: Mr. Jeff Foust, Senior Program Manager, Futron's Space & Telecommunications Division
- Panelist: Michael Lopez-Alegria, President of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation
FREE FOR ALL
A non-structured roundtable discussion, with observations on the day by the Colloquium Moderators to be followed by attendee commentary and debate.
RECEPTION ON THE TERRACE for all attendees.
Register here today.
Programmed topics, speakers and/or times may be subject to change without any prior notice.