The World Teleport Association’s Executive Dialogue Series provides WTA members with opportunities to share their viewpoints, experience and technical knowledge with a global audience. During CommunicAsia 2018, WTA will conduct video interviews with executives of WTA member companies in the Distribution area of the show floor for playout on the WTA web site.
The World Teleport Association’s Membership Director, Randall Barney, will be conducting interviews at this event for the series and interview slots are available — contact WTA to reserve a time to be interviewed. The interviews will be held from June 26 to 28 from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the interviewee's booth. Videos will be streamed on the WTA website following the event and promoted to WTA members, teleport and satellite customers as well as the trade press.
CommunicAsia Dialogue Themes
Opportunity and Challenge
- What are the biggest opportunities your company sees in the next 3 years, whether it is markets, applications or geographic areas?
- What completely new customer need do you think teleports will be serving in 5 years that they do not target today?
- Of all the changes sweeping the business, what do you perceive as the greatest challenges to be overcome?
Factoring 5G into Your Future
- The promised speed and capacity of 5G mobile could offer a true competitive alternative to the transmission services provided by teleports and satellite networks. Do you see it as a threat? Why or why not?
- What opportunities could the introduction of very high bandwidth mobile services create for your company in the long term?
- How do you expect your business to evolve in the face of the threats and opportunities of ever-rising terrestrial capacity?
Clouding Up: How Teleport Operators Become Cloud Service Providers and Integrate Cloud Services into their Operations
- What cloud-based capabilities are customers demanding – or are you developing to meet customer needs that they are not yet aware of?
- Is your cloud strategy to integrate public cloud services like Amazon into services, or to become a private cloud provider to your customers?
- Where do you see the introduction of cloud services strengthening your competitive advantages and where might they pose a threat to future growth?