[SatNews] ..."device manufacturers need a high-port-density test solution to meet the growing demand for wireless devices with multiple radios and antennas.."
Keysight Technologies, Inc. announced the market’s first TRX module with four full-duplex RFIO ports and other firmware enhancements for the E6640A EXM wireless test set. The TRX module sets a new industry standard, allowing manufacturers to test up to four connected devices with identical RFIO performance and therefore achieve maximum production throughput.
Keysight also announced today new EXM enhancements including 1) advanced sequencing of multiple WLAN formats within one test sequence to enable faster WLAN device production test; and 2) speed-optimized firmware to help manufacturers enhance wireless device test plan efficiency and increase production throughput. The addition of DECT, PHS and Zigbee support adds to the EXM’s list of multi-format measurement capabilities.
“Cellular and WLAN device manufacturers need a high-port-density test solution to meet the growing demand for wireless devices with multiple radios and antennas,” stated Joe DePond, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s Mobile Broadband Operation. “The EXM gives manufacturers a platform that protects their investment and easily evolves with our customers’ changing needs on the production floor.”
As wireless chipset vendors and device manufacturers continue to move forward with fast-sequenced non-signaling test, the EXM continues to fill the need for faster test execution. The recent signed manufacturing test license (MTL) agreement with Broadcom Corporation is one of the examples of Keysight’s commitment to solving today’s customer problems and tomorrow’s challenges with new core features and capabilities. The EXM features:
- Up to four independent TRX modules supporting up to 16 connections without the use of external fixtures or switching.
- Multi-format measurement application support including LTE/LTE-Advanced, HSPA+, W-CDMA, cdma2000®, GSM/EDGE/Evo, TD-SCDMA, PHS, DECT, WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n/j/p/ac, Bluetooth® BR/EDR/LE, GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Bei Dou, QZSS), Mobile WiMAX™, Zigbee, PHS, and digital video.
- Independent source and analyzer on each TRX.
- Four RF ports configured as two full-duplex and two half-duplex ports or four full–duplex ports.
- Support for up to 32 devices-under-test through customizable multi-port adapter (MPA) technology.
- 160-MHz bandwidth, up to 6-GHz frequency range, best-in-class ±0.2 dB power-level accuracy at 3.8 GHz, and -43 dB receiver EVM noise floor for 802.11ac.
Information about Keysight is available at http://www.keysight.com