[SatNews] The board of directors of the Space Foundation today elected former Florida Congressman Tom Feeney (pictured), president and CEO of Associated Industries of Florida, to a three-year term as a member of the board. Feeney joins the Space Foundation board as another Floridian, former Congressman David Weldon, M.D., retires after two terms of service.
Feeney represented Florida's 24th Congressional District in Congress from 2002 to 2008. He had previously served in the Florida House of Representatives from 1990 to 2002, and was Speaker of the House from 2000-2002. Weldon represented Florida's 15th Congressional District from 1994 to 2008.
The 2015 Annual Meeting of the Space Foundation board of directors took place today in Cocoa Beach. During the meeting, Weldon was elected to the honorary position of Life Director.
Officers continuing in service are:
- Lon C. Levin, chairman, co-founder of XM Satellite Radio, and president of SkySevenVentures
- ADM James O. Ellis, Jr., USN (Ret.), vice chairman, former commander, United States Strategic Command, and former president and chief executive officer, INPO, Annenberg Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University
- Kathryn C. Thornton, Ph.D., secretary, University of Virginia professor, and former NASA astronaut
- Anita M. Antenucci, treasurer, senior managing director, Houlihan Lokey
- The Honorable Patricia Grace Smith, executive committee member-at-large, former associate administrator, Federal Aviation Administration; principal, Patti Grace Smith Consulting, LLC
Elected to second terms on the board of directors:
- Richard F. Ambrose, executive vice president, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- The Honorable Robert E. "Bud" Cramer, managing director, C2Group/FTI Consulting
- Lynn A. Dugle, president, Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS)
- John W. Elbon, vice president and general manager, The Boeing Company -- Space Exploration
- P.J. O'Rourke, author and political satirist
Returning board members are:
- Wanda M. Austin, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer, The Aerospace Corporation
- Michael Gass, former president and chief executive officer, United Launch Alliance
- Jeffrey D. Grant, sector vice president and general manager, Space Systems, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
- James G. Maser, president, James G. Advisors, LLC
- Dr. Fritz Merkle, member of the executive board, OHB System AG
- Kay N. Sears, president, Intelsat General
- Ronald M. Sega, Ph.D., director, Systems Engineering Programs, Colorado State University
"We thank all of our board members for their hard work and commitment to our mission," said Elliot H. Pulham, Space Foundation board member and chief executive officer.