[SatNews] Captains and ETOs now have one powerful solution that substantially optimizes network performance, brings the power of multiple networks and allows for easy management.
To deliver today’s expectations, yachts need a communications and content system onboard that delivers the highest-quality performance that is; easy to manage; flexible to new users; and changing itineraries; and supports the latest applications.
MTN Communications (MTN) announces the launch of MTN “Maestro”—a powerful solution that optimizes yacht bandwidth upwards of 40 percent.
MTN Maestro delivers the yacht industry an end-to-end solution that combines multiple networks through one provider in one platform leveraging MTN worldwide network operations and support centers.
Customers benefit from the following results:
- Maximized Performance: The seamless connectivity of multiple networks in one platform provides faster response times of page loads, downloads and quality streaming with up to 40 percent more efficiency.
- Simplified Management: A simple-to-use interface manages user connectivity profiles and applications, as well as network configuration settings.
- Customization: A solution designed for each vessel’s communications needs easily handles changes to match shifting “owner/guest on” requirements. Automation also further streamlines operations and information technology (IT).
- Convergence: This platform features a smaller hardware footprint onboard even though it integrates multiple providers’ equipment and capabilities.
- Scalable and Future Proof: Featuring a straightforward upgrade path, MTN and other partners’ new features and functions can be quickly incorporated and managed.
“MTN has served the yacht market for ten years, working closely with management companies, yards, owners and builders,” said Derik Wagner, managing director of the MTN Yacht Business Unit. “We regularly hear that bandwidth alone is no longer delivering on the ever-changing content and communications requirements. We listened and MTN Maestro is the answer. Captains and ETOs now have one powerful solution that substantially optimizes network performance, brings the power of multiple networks and allows for easy management. MTN Maestro is a comprehensive solution that will fully scale with the ever-growing Internet of Things.”
“Given the complexity of requirements on yachts today, bandwidth has to be optimized to address those requirements,” said AJ Anderson, founder and owner of WMG (Wright Marine Group). “Captains and ETOs need a simple and flexible tool to pre-plan, traffic-manage and make network changes, with fewer hardware and headaches. Delivery of such a solution is a much-needed yacht industry shift.”
MTN is a provider of communications and content services for maritime and remote locations. Since launching the first stabilized satellite antenna for ships at sea in the early 1980s, MTN has pioneered remote-connectivity technologies that become longstanding solutions. MTN serves hundreds of yachts, most of the world’s cruise lines, and cargo ships, oil and gas vessels, ferries, and government aircraft, ships, vehicles and facilities around the world. To meet today’s at-sea and remote communications and IT needs, MTN’s delivers Internet, voice, live global TV, mobile apps, multimedia content delivery, video conferencing, network management and bandwidth optimization. For more information, visit.