Those gathering at this conference in Switzerland will be treated to a variety of experts discussing how space is affected by big data.
The Global Conference on Space and the Information Society – GLIS2016 will analyze how space is affected by big data in numerous ways; in that, it is a producer of big data sets such as:
- the European Earth Observation and Monitoring System Copernicus
- it is confronted with the transmission of big data sets
- Satellite Communication Systems, and it is itself a user of big data sets
- by multi-temporal data analysis, data management and information extraction technologies.
A special plenary on Big Data will be discussed in depth during the GLIS 2016. This panel, moderated by Mr. Norbert Frischauf from SpaceTec Capital Partners, will address the opportunities and challenges that come along with the use of big data from, with and for space systems.
Renowned experts from the EC, ESA, the Italian Space Agency, EUTELSAT, the University of Vienna and a well-known law firm in Cologne will provide insights into the ongoing discussions and will present options and ways ahead to better utilize the benefits of big data for the human society.
Among others will be present:
- Prof. Roberto Battiston, Italian Space Agency (ASI) President
- Dr. Josef Aschbacher, ESA’s Head of Program and Planning
- Dr. Ingo Baumann, Lawyer/Partner at BHO Legal
GLIS 2016 will take place in Geneva, Switzerland from June 6 -7, 2016 at the headquarters of the International Telecommunication Union – ITU.
Looking forward to meeting you at #GLIS 2016!