Mobile Satellite Users Association (MSUA) has announced the organization's 2018 Board of Directors and the start of this year’s Satellite Mobility Innovation Awards Challenge.
MSUA is a nonprofit association dedicated to promoting satellite mobility innovation and development of the satellite mobility market worldwide. The association fosters the exchange of news, information and ideas among mobility providers and users including those focused on communications, navigation, safety and other evolving new applications.
“MSUA is off to a strong start with our newly elected 2018 Board of Directors and a record number of 29 member companies – 12 new and 17 returning — dedicated to collaborating in support of satellite mobility innovation and market development,” said Catherine Melquist, President of MSUA. “We’re also expecting a strong turnout of entrants in this year’s Satellite Mobility Innovation Award Contest representing the industry’s most creative service and delivery offerings designed uniquely for mobile aero, maritime, land, IOT and government mobile end users.”
Representing a diverse mix of mobility market leaders, the 2018 MSUA Board of Directors includes, (in alphabetical order):
- Rebecca Cowen-Hirsch, Senior Vice President, Government Strategy & Policy, US Government Business Unit, Inmarsat
- Mark N. Lewellen, Manager of Spectrum Advocacy, John Deere
- Lisa Dreher, Director of Marketing, Kymeta
- Matthew Mohebbi, Vice President and General Manager, Mobile Satellite Systems Division, Hughes Network Systems
- Erwan Emilian, Executive Vice President Enterprise & Emerging Markets, Speedcast Group
- Mark Sykes, Director, Applied Satellite Technology (AST)
- Kim Bille Gram, Vice President, New Business Development, Cobham SATCOM
- Joel Thompson, Vice President and General Manager, Terrestrial Business Unit, Iridium Satellite LLC
- Geoff Hall, Chief Executive (Owner), Cedarwood Associates International (CAI)
- John Stolte, Executive Vice President, Technology and Operations, ORBCOMM
- Todd Hill, Senior Director, Satellite Services, Panasonic
- Kevin M. West, Chief Commercial Officer, COMSAT
New members joining the association during this past 12 months include: Isotropic Networks, SES Government, iDirect Government, Globecomm, OneWeb, Panasonic, Thales, Phasor, MVS, CLS America, Comsat and Clarke Belt 2.0. Returning members include: AST, Cobham, Globalsat Group, Globalstar, Hughes, Inmarsat, Intelsat, Iridium, Kymeta, Mackay, Marlink, Navcom/John Deere, Orbcomm, Roadpost, Speedcast, Thuraya and Viasat. The association also depends upon the support of a number of individual members.
MSUA’s Satellite Mobility Innovation Awards Program and Luncheon will take place on Tuesday, March 13, during SATELLITE 2018 with award winners to be announced at the event. This year’s keynote topic will be “Satellite Mobility and the 5G Opportunity” to be presented by David Howgill, President of Huckworthy. All interested parties are invited to attend the event.