A new event has been added to the Space Foundation's Space Symposium for 2017.
The inaugural Women's Global Gathering will provide a unique opportunity to hear about the accomplishments and opportunities for women in the space industry, and is open to Space Symposium registrants and non-registrants. Scheduled for the last day of the 33rd Space Symposium on Thursday, April 6, from 12:15 to 1:45 p.m., at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, the featured speaker will be Gen. Ellen M. Pawlikowski, USAF, Commander, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
The Gathering will include a luncheon, followed by a panel of senior leaders, sharing their insights into the important role of women in the exploration of space. The panel moderator is Dr. Alice Bunn, Director of Policy at the UK Space Agency and member of the Space Foundation Board of Directors. The panelists are:
- Maj. Gen. Nina M. Armagno, USAF, Director of Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements and Analysis, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base
- Dr. Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair of the Executive Board, German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Maureen Ryan O'Brien, Manager, Strategic Alliances, Office of Communications, NASA Headquarters
- Susan Opp, President, Space & Power Sector, L3 Technologies
- Becky Yoder, CPA, Chief Executive Officer, Surrey Satellite Technology U.S.
Registration for the 33rd Space Symposium, and for Women's Global Gathering luncheon, is available at spacesymposium.org/register.