The World Teleport Association (WTA) today announced the election of three new members of its Board of Directors for three-year terms beginning April 1, 2017:
- Avi Cohen, CEO, MX1
- Mitja Lovšin, Senior Director, STN
- Vince Matherne, Chief Commercial Officer, Encompass Digital Media
Four board members return for a second term this year as well:
- Roger Franklin, President & CEO, Crystal
- Robert Kubbernus, CEO & Chairman, Signalhorn
- James Trevelyan, Commercial Director, Arqiva
- Jorge Luis Villarreal Schutz, CEO, Elara Comunicaciones
Also serving on WTA’s Board of Directors are:
- Michael DeMarco, Senior Vice President, Operations, Intelsat
- Jose Edio Gomes, Technical Director, Hispamar Satélites
- Richard Hadsall, Kymeta
- Marzio Laurenti CEO, Telespazio Brasil S.A.
- Kian Soon Lim, Head, Satellite, Business Group, Group Enterprise, Singtel
- Matthew Prange, Vice President, Strategic Teleport Partners & Implementation, SES
- Mark Rathert, General Manager, Ground Operations (US), SES
- Francis Rolland, Executive Vice President, Satellites & Networks/Strategy, GlobeCast
- Jose Sanchez Ruiz, Director of Service Operations, Eutelsat
- Serge Van Herck
- Koby Zontag, Vice President, Media Sales and Business Development, PCCW Global
Directors on the WTA Board serve three-year terms, and are elected by the membership.
Robert Bell said that the WTA is fortunate to attract teleport executives of this caliber to our international association. They bring diverse experience and viewpoints to the Board’s deliberations but are completely united in advancing the interests of the independent teleport operator around the world.