[SatNews] Not only does this supply coverage in unserved rural areas, but it provides a cost reduction of up to 80 percent.
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq:GILT), satellite networking technology, solutions and services, announced today the availability of
CellEdge, an integrated small cell over satellite solution designed specifically for unserved rural areas.
Gilat has leveraged its extensive expertise in rural cellular backhaul to provide an affordable, end-to-end solution. CellEdge provides:
- Ability to deliver cost-effective 2G and 3G cellular services to unserved areas;
- 80W total average power draw including both the small cell and VSAT in a typical configuration, significantly lowering capital expenditures in the terminal and solar power generation;
- Optimization of satellite bandwidth via high efficiency algorithms and a set of efficient voice/data compression techniques that can reduce satellite OPEX by up to 80 percent.
"In the past, mobile operators have been faced with prohibitive expense levels for providing cellular connectivity to unserved rural areas with
a population of as few as several thousand people," said Erez Antebi, CEO of Gilat Satellite Networks. "Now with CellEdge, operators have a
unique solution which can significantly reduce capital and operating expenditures, enabling them to provide cost-effective services to even
the most outlying rural areas."
To learn more about CellEdge, please take advantage of one of the following options:
- Sign up for a free introductory webinar, "Going Rural with Low OPEX -- Small Cell over Satellite." The webinar will take place on February 12, 2014. In this session, mobile operators can learn how to overcome the cellular connectivity challenge in rural areas. To register, please go to: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/609451646
- Set a meeting with Gilat at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Spain, February 24-27, 2014 in Hall 5, Gilat stand 5F81. To save your place, please contact Mrs. Fiona Fincham, phone: +27 83 6808 162, Fionaf@gilat.com
- Visit www.gilat.com/small-cell