[SatNews] Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced its plans for Broadcast Asia 2014, Asia’s leading event for the broadcast and entertainment industry, that occurs from 17-20 in Singapore.
At the show, Envivio will demonstrate a host of ground-breaking, flexible and scalable software-based video solutions that enable any-screen personalization and monetization for video service providers and content owners worldwide, including:
- Live streaming of 4K video will take place between Envivio’s stand 5B1-01 and Village Island’s stand 4C3-05, illustrating the efficiency of HEVC and how 4K optimizes the video experience.
- 4K video will be delivered to Ultra HD TVs in a single 8MHz channel at DVB’s stand 5L5-02 using HEVC content encoded by Envivio, underscoring the power and flexibility of the DVB-T2 standard and Envivio Muse™ encoders.
- HEVC, H.264, MPEG-2 transcoders and encoders: Envivio will showcase its converged support of the full range of industry standards showing stunning video quality in all three formats on any screen by the same Envivio Muse™ software.
- Cloud software and services: Virtualized software based on OpenStack to dynamically instantiate live channels in the private or public cloud, as well as Envivio’s end-to-end, cloud-based video software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform will be on display. Envivio’s cloud SaaS features all the components needed to quickly launch and scale multi-screen services with minimal CAPEX investment - including virtualized encoding, packaging, digital rights management (DRM), ad mediation, content delivery network (CDN), app creation and billing.
- Personal TV: Envivio will demonstrate the expansive capabilities of its Halo Network Media Processor™ and Halo Experience server for personalized any-screen TV services, including time shifting, Catch-Up, Start-Over, network PVR and Follow Me TV. Also on display will be a cost-effective, server-side implementation of personalized advertising based on user profiles.
In addition, Envivio VP of Strategy and Corporate Development, Arnaud Perrier, will serve as keynote speaker at a session called, “Enabling Any Screen to Serve as the Main Screen – Latest Technologies and Revenue Opportunities,” on June 18. He will also participate on a panel that same day to discuss the ‘TV Viewing Transformation’ taking place in the industry.
For additional details, please visit http://www.envivio.com/