[SatNews] Advantech Wireless, a provider of satellite broadband communications solutions, announces the release of the VR7400 VSAT Terminal for Broadcasters and DVB-S2 applications.
The VR7400 VSAT terminal from Advantech Wireless is DVB-S2 SCPC capable and provides Point-to-MultiPoint IP or ASI connectivity. These VSAT Terminals are optimized to achieve high-performance and quick response times, being at the same time easy to configure and integrate with any video camera, encoder or decoder equipment.
The VR7400 terminals are an out-of-the-box, ready-to-go, cost-effective broadband solution. Advantech Wireless now offers a simple to use modem for backhauling video from a remote site to a centralized location. Easy to integrate with video encoders and decoders, the VR7400 allows the optimized use of satellite bandwidth that can be also translated into Capex savings. The ASI input and output connections allow for direct MPEG2/MPEG4 video streaming that can operate simultaneously with bidirectional IP traffic. This capability is unique in the VSAT market.
- DVB-S2 (ACM, VCM,CCM) downstream up to 200 Mbps (hub to remote) with IP throughput up to 200 Mbps
- DVB-S2 (ACM, VCM, CCM) QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK upstream remote to hub with IP throughput up to 25 Msym/s
- DVB-RCS upstream (remote to hub) with IP throughput up to 14 Mbps
- GUI-based control interface
- Easy-to-configure Ethernet connectivity to your PC, LAN or Router
- Supports IP and ASI interfaces
- On-board TCP and HTTP acceleration and data compression
- Application QoS and VoIP support
- VPN and accelerated VPN support (optional)
- VLAN support
- GPS input port
- Easy and simple installation
- 19 inch, 1U rack mountable
- Low cost
- Support for IPv4/IPv6
- Roll-off as low as 5 percent
- Ideal for Enterprise
- Internet/Intranet Access
- Email, File Transfer
- Video Conferencing
- Video Streaming
- Backup Services
- Private Networking
- Distance Learning
“The VR7400 is the ideal modem for the support of DSNG trucks requiring a solution easy to configure but still wanting to maintain a high level of signal quality and throughput capability,” stated John Landovskis, VP PLM & Business Development, VSAT & Modem Products. “With the release of this industry leading VSAT modem supporting both ASI and IP simultaneously, Advantech Wireless is able to provide a unique solution supporting all broadcaster applications.”
The VR7400 from Advantech Wireless has been designed to include all key IP features to fulfill all professional needs. The 19-inch 1U rack mountable form factor makes it ideal for high-end use. The VR7400 supports DVB-S2 SCPC Point-to-Point and Point-to-MultiPoint operation, providing a two-way VSAT system with the high bandwidth efficiency of DVB-S2 in both directions or can work as part of a star DVB-RCS network supporting DVB-S2 in the forward link and DVB-RCS/RCS2 in the return link.