[SatNews] The Space Foundation created the Space Technology & Investment Forum to bring together the early stage investor, angel and venture capital communities and space startups, with a focus on early stage investment.
Technology and innovation are key aspects of the forum, addressed in both technology transfer—including from government programs, both domestic and international—and from the perspective of companies that have market creating innovations. This by-invitation forum will be held September 30 to– October 1 in San Francisco’s financial district and will offer the expertise of insurers and attorneys to give the technical support needed to advise on critical aspects of understanding the market and risk factors.
Presentations unique to this forum include "Understanding the Global Space Economy: An Overview for Stakeholders" and "Who is Investing in Space and Why?"
The forum’s "Smart Strategies for Emerging Space Markets" panel will be moderated by Ioana Cozmuta, Ph.D., Industry Innovation Lead, Space Portal, NASA Ames Research Center.
The panelists will include:
- Jeff Demain, Business Development Director, Intel Corporation
- Maureen Gannon, Vice President, Business Development, Firefly Space Systems, Inc.
- Eng Lim Goh, Ph.D., Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Silicon Graphics Inc.
Panelists for "Creative Finance Solutions" include:
- Frank DiBello, President and CEO, Space Florida
- Dr. Mark G. Jackson, Founder and President, Fiat Physica Inc.
- Ian O'Neill, Of Counsel, Holland & Hart LLP
Randy Segal, Partner, Hogan Lovells US LLP, will moderate the panel “Early Stage Investment,” with panelists:
- Richard Humphrey, Chairman, ImagineAir, Chief Executive Office, Kavoo
- Steven Jorgenson, Partner, Space Finance Group
- Sunil Nagaraj, Vice President, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Scott Nolan, Partner, Founders Fund
Panelists for “Market Creating Innovations” are:
- Laetitia Garriott de Cayeux, Co-Founder, President, and COO, Escape Dynamics Inc.
- Jeff Greason, CTO and Chairman of the Board, XCOR Aerospace
- Chris Lewicki, President and Chief Engineer, Planetary Resources
- George Whitesides, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Galactic
“Challenges and Opportunities of the Emerging Space Sector” will be moderated by Deborah L. Westphal, Managing Director, Toffler Associates, with panelists:
- Shahin Farshchi, Ph.D., Partner, Lux Capital
- Gareth Keane, Investment Manager, Qualcomm Ventures
- Shabahat Ali Shah, Head of Business Development, Marketing, and Sales, Spire Global Inc.
Featured speakers include:
- Elliot H. Pulham, Space Foundation Chief Executive Officer, “Understanding the Global Space Economy: An Overview for Stakeholders”
- Chad Anderson, Managing Director, Space Angels Network, “Who Is Investing in Space and Why?”
- Steve Jurvetson, Partner, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, “Disruptive Innovation”
Request an invitation to attend the Space Technology & Investment Forum at http://www.SpaceTechForum.com/. Invitations are non-transferable.