[Satnews] The Society of Satellite Professionals International (SSPI) has appointed Bryan McGuirk, the COO of ViviSat, as the new Chairman, and Dawn Harms, Vice President of Business Development, Boeing Satellite Systems International, as President of its Board of Directors—their one-year terms start on March 10.
SSPI also announced the election by the membership of three new directors. Mike Donovan, Senior Vice President, International Operations & Distribution Technologies, Scripps Networks Interactive, Gary Hatch, CEO, ATCi and Ruy Pinto, Group Chief Operations Officer, Inmarsat, were elected to serve three-year terms beginning March 10. Ed Giovannini, Vice President, Media Sales, Ericsson, has been appointed Treasurer, replacing Dawn Harms.
SSPI’s Board of Directors represents a cross-section of the commercial satellite business, from manufacturing to launch to services. The SSPI Board of Directors are:
- Bryan McGuirk, COO, ViviSat (Chairman)
- Dawn Harms, Vice President of Business Development, Boeing Satellite Systems International (President)
- Ed Giovannini, Vice President, Media Sales, Ericsson (Treasurer)
- Tony Rayner, Chief Operating Officer, Eutelsat America (Secretary)
- Mike Donovan, Senior Vice President, International Operations & Distribution Technologies, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Christine Erhenbard, Director, Broadcast Distribution, CBS
- Gary Hatch, CEO, ATCi
- David Kagan, President & COO, Globalstar
- David Myers, President & CEO, Datapath
- Ruy Pinto, Group Chief Operations Officer, Inmarsat
- Dave Rehbehn, Senior Marketing Director, Hughes Network Systems
- Kurt Riegelman, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Intelsat
- Thomas Van den Driessche, Chief Commercial Officer, Newtec
- Ric VanderMeulen, Vice President and General manager, Government Satcom, ViaSat
- Bill Weller, Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Space Systems/Loral
- Alan Young, Chief Technology Officer, Encompass Digital Media
- Elias Zaccack, Senior Vice-President, Commercial, Americas, SES
- John Hane of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman serves as General Council.
Our heartiest congratulations to the new SSPI Board of Directors.