[Satnews] UHP Networks will demonstrate UHP-HTS, its Next Generation VSAT network solution, at the Satellite 2016 show at the Gaylord National Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland, March 8-10, 2016.
High-Throughput Satellites (HTS) open unprecedented opportunities for networking over satellite. UHP-HTS responds to this challenge by offering a uniquely efficient way of delivering hundreds of Megabits of data to remote VSAT terminals. The new solution combines the Universal Hardware Platform (UHP) architecture, developed in the previous generation of the award-winning UHP product line, with the state-of-the-art semiconductor technology. UHP-HTS comprises the following elements.
- High-Throughput, Carrier-Grade Multi-beam TDM/TDMA Hub
- M:N Redundancy of all Key Elements
- Multiple TDM Outbound Modules up to 65 Msps, 250 Mbps, 5 percent roll off, 32APSK
- Traffic Load Balancing Across Multiple Beams
- High-Density 8-Carrier TDMA Demodulator
- Multi-Carrier High-Speed TDMA Mesh
- On-demand DVB-S2 Return Carriers up to 210 Mbps
- Advanced NMS with support for Multiple Beams and VNO
- API to Integrate with OSS/BSS
- Layer 2 over Satellite Network
- Hierarchical QoS
- Automatic Beam Switching to Support Mobility
- Enterprise UHP-200 Router (300,000 PPS) with TDMA Mesh and 210 Mbps SCPC
- Broadband UHP-100 Router (200,000 PPS) with Cost Effective Design
- High-Speed Dual 210 Mbps Receiver for Multiple Beams
- Jumbo Frame support
- AES 256 Encryption
“Release of UHP-HTS is an important milestone in our product development,” commented Dr. Vagan Shakhgildian, President and CEO of UHP Networks. “If you look at how the satellite operators and the end-users are specifying new networks and services based on HTS, you will see a lot of requirements, well-matched with the strengths of our product. The UHP-HTS solution makes it possible to transmit many tens of Megabits of data from a compact VSAT terminal with antenna size under 1 meter, and to carry hundreds of Megabits of traffic to the user LAN in the same compact terminal. Every UHP-HTS VSAT router is equipped with two 65 Msps demodulators with independent IF front ends. These can simultaneously receive two carriers transmitted via distinct satellite beams, which can even be in different frequency bands. Our products have been operating in commercial networks over HTS for some time, and we look forward to expanding those networks with the newly released UHP-HTS technology.”
To arrange UHP product demonstration or a meeting with our team please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your preferred time slots. We look forward to meeting with you at Booth #1801 on March 8-10, 2016.