Home >> News: October 28th, 2018 >> Story
Satnews Daily
October 28th, 2018

Red Sea 3D Ocean Survey Awarded to Furgo's Seabed Geosolutions

Seabed Geosolutions (Seabed) and the firm's partner have been awarded a 3D ocean bottom node survey in the Red Sea — the S-79 project will require the acquisition and processing of high quality 3D data over a large area in various water depths.

Seabed’s highly efficient 4C Manta® ocean bottom nodes will be used, in combination with its best-in-class ROV deployment system in deep waters and node-on-a-wire system in shallower areas. The surveys are scheduled to commence early 2019. The contract will be jointly executed and shared with Seabed’s partner in the Middle East, ARGAS, who is the contract holder.

Seabed supports the optimal development and production of oil and gas fields by providing high quality seismic data collected directly on the seabed. These data are used for detailed reservoir characterization, monitoring of the impact of production, and detection of potential geohazards. With its global footprint, Seabed is one of the largest seabed geophysical data acquisition service providers with the broadest range of technology solutions for projects up to water depths of 3,000 meters.

Seabed is 60 percent owned by Fugro (and 100 percent consolidated), the remaining 40 percent is owned by CGG. 

Executive Comment

Stephan Midenet, CEO of Seabed, said that the company is pleased to partner with ARGAS in order to provide services to Saudi Aramco on this high profile project using the firm's best-in-class nodes and deployment technologies. This latest contract demonstrates Saudi Aramco’s continued confidence in both ARGAS and Seabed and further strengthens Seabed's long-standing technology partnership. ARGAS, Seabed’s long-term partner in the region, was instrumental in securing this important contract award. Seabed’s technologies and ARGAS’ proven operational track record in the Kingdom are a powerful combination and will result in a successful execution of this project.