[SatNews] Telestream® (stand 7.C12) will use IBC 2014 to showcase transcode support for the latest OTT, IPTV and 4K formats plus enhanced third-party interoperability with leading vendors including Adobe, Apple and Avid.
The Company will demonstrate assembly and transcoding capabilities for the UK broadcast industry's Digital Production Partnership (DPP) initiative, and cloud subscriptions for Vantage. Telestream will also showcase enhancements to the Wirecast and Episode applications.
New Workflow Automation and Video Processing Capabilities for Vantage
Telestream's Vantage platform provides a broad range of transcoding and file-based workflow automation products, and makes content production, multi-screen delivery, and device interoperability a hands-off process. Vantage combines transcoding, media capture, metadata processing, analysis, and content assembly into a unified system. The latest version of Vantage (v.6.3) features a number of automation and video processing capabilities, including:
- DPP assembly & transcoding capabilities
- With the DPP October deadline approaching fast, Telestream will introduce several new capabilities within Vantage for assembling and encoding DPP AS-11 files. The Vantage DPP Workflow Portal allows entry of DPP metadata and the creation of multi-part DPP packages from one or more media files. Built on Vantage, the Post Producer application automatically assembles the DPP timeline, including bars, tones, slates and correct multi-part spacing. Finally, Vantage Transcode Pro allows the creation of AS-11 MXF outputs per the DPP specification. The entire solution is completely unified and includes full encoding, timeline rendering and metadata assembly without requiring editing personnel or XML programmers.
- Template Creation in Avid, Adobe & Final Cut Pro for use by Post Producer
Editors can design production templates in their favourite editing system, and Post Producer can then use those templates to mass-produce hundreds of customized outputs automatically. This facilitates the creation of templates and lets users visualize how a template will look prior to rendering.
- Extended transcode format support
- Focusing on the growing needs of content owners seeking to develop multi-platform distribution architectures, Vantage 6.3 includes support for more transcoding formats across the Vantage Transcode product family. Full 4K support and HEVC encoding are now available in Vantage Transcode Multiscreen and Vantage Transcode IPTV VOD. In addition, XAVC decoding and ProRes 4444 encoding have been added to Vantage Transcode Pro.
- Vantage Cloud Subscriptions
- For content production networks and service providers, Vantage Cloud Subscriptions will enable worldwide secure access to all the capabilities of Vantage on cloud-based infrastructure with flexible pay-as-you-go pricing using Amazon Web Services.
Telestream will also be participating in the IBC Conference in the following sessions:
- IABM panel session: What future for broadcasting technology? with Telestream CEO, Dan Castles - Friday 12 September 08:00-10:00
- IBC Workflow Solution presentation: ITV Automates Multi-Platform Workflows with Telestream with David Hornsby (ITV) and George Boath (Telestream) - Friday 12 September 14:30-15:30
Additional information is available at the Telestream infosite: http://www.telestream.net/