Reach for the skies, this Friday will close the opportunity to purchase regular rates, for the upcoming CASBAA Convention 2013 October 21-24 in Hong Kong, People’s Republic of China at the Grand Hyatt. The hotel is offering special delegate room rates to attendees. Register here. Regular rates end Friday, October 11.
Content delivery in Asia has always been a competitive sector chiefly dependent on satellite C-band frequencies. New challenges are emerging with the ITU considering opening C-band for use by mobile devices. Hundreds of millions of Asian households will have no realistic alternative for their TV supply...so what can de done to preserve this vital and irreplaceable link from content generation to customers?
Special starring speakers include Paul Brown-Kenyon, CEO of MEASAT; Thomas Choi, CEO of Asia Broadcast Satellite; Andres Jordan, EVP Strategic Projects, Eutelsat; William Wade President & CEO, AsiaSat; and Host is Gregg Daffner, CEO of GapSat. There are many more speakers and panels, but these are examples of the level of expertise of those sharing their ideas and opinions.
For more information contact Kenneth Wong +852-3929-1714 or Kenneth@casbaa.com and here.
“We are excited about the caliber of guests we have lined-up for the Convention this year,” said Christopher Slaughter, CEO, CASBAA. “Representing the full value chain of the broadcasting industry not only in Asia but across the world, our roster of speakers will lend their considerable expertise to a comprehensive schedule of panel discussions over the three days of the Convention.”
Appearing at this year’s Convention will be a select group of internationally renowned leaders and experts across a variety of industries – all with a stake in multichannel TV around the globe – including:
- John Tsang Chun-wah, Financial Secretary, Government of Hong Kong SAR
- Sam Branson, Founder & Chairman, Sundog Pictures
- Jeremy Carr, VP, Entertainment, Digital & Advertising Sales Asia Pacific, Turner International
- Derek Chang, MD Asia, Scripps Networks
- Simeon Dawes, SVP, Advertising Sales & Partnerships, FOX One Stop Media
- Arjan Hoekstra, President, Discovery Networks Asia
- Kar-Tai Koh, Global Brand Manager, Shell Advance Motorcycle
- Brian Lau, VP, Programming, STAR Movies, FOX International Channels
- Ravi Mansulkhani, CEO, IMCL
- Charlie Muirhead, CEO & Founder, Rightster
- Jean-Briac (JB) Perrette, Chief Digital Officer, Discovery Communications
- Jim Ribbans, Executive Producer, Original Content, FOX International Channels
- Mike Rich, CEO, Content (APAC), GroupM
- Uday Shankar, CEO, STAR India; Chairman, FICCI Entertainment Committee
- Bertram Van Munster, Co-Director, Asia, activeTV
- Johnny Webb, Partner, Sundog Pictures
- Courtney Williams, MD, Business Development and Strategy, Asia Pacific, AMC/Sundance Channel Global
- Anthony Zameczkowski, Head of Music, YouTube APAC
And many more