[Satnews] Recently, Norsat launched their ATOM 250 Watt Ku-band Block Upconverter and Solid State Power Amplifiers.
The ATOM 250 Watt Ku-Dual band BUC provides 250W of saturated power (200W @ P1dB) in one of the most compact sizes in the market. Covering transmit frequencies from 12.25 to 18 GHz, including CDL-band and Low Ku- band, the ATOM 250W SSPAs and BUCs can be configured to suit operation on any Ku-band satellite. Ethernet, redundancy configurations, EMI/EMC, and other custom options are available upon request. Features include...
- Up to 85 percent smaller than equivalent BUCs
- Lightest available weight, at up to 90 percent less than
- Ultra efficient, consuming up to 60 percent less power than
- Ideal for applications such as Airborne, Comms on the Move, TWTA Replacement and Satellite News Gathering (SNG)
Earlier during Q1, Norsat launched the Median Series of Ku-band BUCs. The Median series is a perfect addition to Norsat’s line of BUCS and is positioned between our leading size, weight and power efficient ATOM series of BUCs and the ELEMENT high value series. Designed with performance and economy in mind, the Median series of Ku-band BUCs comes in 16W and 25W options and is currently available in standard and extended Ku-band frequencies. The Median series is a perfect addition to Norsat’s line of BUCs and is positioned between our leading size, weight, and power efficient ATOM series of block upconverters and the ELEMENT series. The MEDIAN BUC series offers:
- 16W and 25W output power
- Premium performance and reliability
- Full monitor & control capabilities
- Customization options
- Unmatched linearity due to GaAs technology
- 2 year warranty
Norsat will be highlighting these and other products during the upcoming NAB2016 event in Las Vegas, Nevada