[SatNews] Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Analysis of the Global Satellite Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) Market" report to their offering.
The global satellite VSAT market consists of various applications that require high-speed communications in a small, compact package. VSAT is significantly outpacing some mobile satellite handset technologies and continues to see quick adoption, market penetration, and application growth. Current VSAT applications include broadband, satellite backhaul, maritime, government and military operations, and oil and gas communications. This research covers market drivers and restraints as well as forecasts and trends, market share, and a discussion of the competitive landscape. Regional breakdowns include North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World. The base year is 2012 and forecasts run through 2019.
- The global satellite VSAT market is currently experiencing solid growth. This growth may surpass cellular and landline network growth in some remote locations.
- Additionally, VSAT is significantly outpacing some of the mobile satellite handset technologies and continues to see quick adoption and market penetration.
- Oil and gas, maritime, and government applications are experiencing strong adoption of VSAT technology to offer communications that would otherwise be unavailable with competing wireless technologies, such as cellular and microwave technology.
- VSAT growth for these markets largely depends on the region, and thus some regions, such as Latin America and Asia-Pacific (APAC), are seeing drastically stronger growth than more developed regions. Economic conditions also greatly impact VSAT spending, depending on region.
- Ka-band technology is impacting the satellite market in a major way, offering DSL-like speeds with global coverage. More and more, VSAT solutions are taking advantage of Ka-band technology, which will be a significant driving factor for VSAT throughout the forecast period in this research.
- Considering the pace at which Ka-band is being deployed, the study anticipates that the average performance for a VSAT solution will quickly increase.
For further details, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rqcbjj/analysis_of_the