[SatNews] Successful space industry CEOs and founders of NewSpace startups will share their experiences with securing funding and identifying creative financing solutions to launch new products and services at the Space Foundation’s Space Technology & Investment Forum.
This by-invitation conference will be held in the heart of the San Francisco financial district September 30 and October 1. Attendees are invited to participate as technical experts, advisors, mentors and service providers to facilitate new business ventures.
The Space Foundation recently published its 2015 edition of The Space Report: The Authoritative Guide to Global Space Activity, with data on the growth of the global space economy, invaluable information for anyone planning investments in space-related businesses.
In 2014, the global space economy grew slightly more than 9 percent, reaching a total of $330 billion worldwide. Commercial space activities made up 76 percent of the global space economy, and the industry as a whole nearly doubled in size over the course of the decade.
According to The Space Report 2015, startups are launching nanosatellites with the goal of imaging the entire surface of the Earth. Planet Labs alone was responsible for nearly a quarter of the satellites launched in 2014. Established companies are making it easier to access high-quality imagery, even to the point where a smartphone app can be used to task a satellite to capture an image.
Early confirmed speakers for the Space Technology & Investment Forum include:
- Chad Anderson, Managing Director, Space Angels Network
- Ioana Cozmuta, Ph.D., Industry Innovation Lead, Space Portal, NASA Ames Research Center
- Jeff Demain, Business Development Director, Intel Corporation
- Shahin Farshchi, Ph.D., Partner, Lux Capital
- Jeff Greason, CTO and Chairman of the Board, XCOR Aerospace
- Dr. Mark G. Jackson, Founder and President, Fiat Physica Inc.
- Steven Jorgenson, Partner, Space Finance Group
- Stephen T. "Steve" Jurvetson, Partner, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Bruce D. Kraselsky, Managing Director, Space Partnership International
- Chris Lewicki, President and Chief Engineer, Planetary Resources
- Sunil Nagaraj, Vice President, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Scott Nolan, Partner, Founders Fund
- George Whitesides, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Galactic
See more of the featured speakers and request an invitation at http://www.SpaceTechForum.com/.