Founded in 1983, the Space Foundation is a foremost advocate for all sectors of space, and is a global, nonprofit leader in space awareness activities, educational programs and major industry events, including the annual Space Symposium, in support of its mission "to advance space-related endeavors to inspire, enable and propel humanity."
One of the Space Foundation's major events is their annual Space Symposium, and this 33rd year of the event will boast a larger and more global roster of speakers than in past year. Leaders of the civil, commercial and defense space sectors from more than 30 spacefaring nations to discuss and shape the future of space and they will include...
- Winston A. Beauchamp, Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for Space, and Director, Principal Department of Defense Space Advisor Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- Kira Blackwell, iTech Program Executive & OCT Innovation Liasion, NASA
- Zachary Bogue, Co-Managing Partner, Data Collective
- Lt. Gen. David J. Buck, USAF, Commander, 14th Air Force
- Robert D. Cabana, Director, John F. Kennedy Space Center
- Dr. Gwang-Rae Cho, President, Korean Aerospace Research Institute
- Maj. Gen. Clinton E. Crosier, USAF, Director of Plans and Policy, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebrasks
- Dr. Lars Dyrud, Chief Executive Officer, OmniEarth Inc.
- Dr. Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair, DLR Executive Board
- Dr. Janet Kavandi, Director, John H. Glenn Research Center
- Sylvain Laporte, President, Canadian Space Agency
- Jean-Yves Le Gall, President, Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
- Dr. Marius-Ioan Piso, President and Chief Executive Officer, Romanian Space Agency
- Todd May, Director, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Dr. Ellen Ochoa, Director, NASA Johnson Space Center
- Jane Poynter, Chief Executive Officer, World View
- Dr. Reuben Sorensen, Special Advisor to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, U.S. Pentagon
- Jeffrey Tarr, President and CEO, DigitalGlobe
- Dylan Taylor, President and COO, Colliers International
- Dr. Pham Anh Tuan, Director General, Vietnam National Satellite Center
- Dr. Michael Watkins, Director, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Dr. Johann-Dietrich 'Jan' Woerner, Director General, European Space Agency (ESA)
Co-sponsors for the 33rd Space Symposium include: AGI; Northrop Grumman; Raytheon; Secure World Foundation; SES Government Solutions; Stellar Solutions; The Boeing Company; United Launch Alliance (ULA). Additionally, the Boeing Company is celebrating its 100th year by sponsoring the Boeing Exhibit Center and Boeing Exhibit Center Pavilion at the Symposium, with more than 160 exhibits of the latest space technology, products and services.
The four-day Symposium will also celebrate 30 years of the Space Foundation’s Space Technology Hall of Fame®, with three events recognizing induction of life-changing space-related technologies.
Registration is now open for the 33rd Space Symposium and its affiliated tracks, including two classified programs—Cyber 1.7 and Space Classified—plus tracks for New Generation Space Leaders and Tech Track.
Visit www.SpaceSymposium.org for complete conference information and secure online registration. A discount on standard industry registration is now in effect for registration paid by January 20, 2017. The discount does not apply to contractors who work for or with the government or military.