The Space Foundation announced some changes to its Board of Directors that resulted after a meeting conducted on October 25. The changes were made effective on that same day, October 25. So who and what are the changes?
The announcement reads as follows:
The Board of Directors of the Space Foundation met on October 25 and approved the following changes to its Board, effective October 25.
Jeffrey D. Grant, Former Sector Vice President and General Manager, Space Systems, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (Ret.), was elected to the Executive Committee as Member-at-Large.
Lon C. Levin, former Member-at-Large will now serve as Director.
Continuing on the Executive Committee are:
- Chairman – Gen. William L. Shelton, USAF (Ret.), former Commander, Air Force Space Command
- Vice Chairman – Kathryn C. Thornton, Ph.D., Professor, University of Virginia and former NASA astronaut
- Secretary – P.J. O'Rourke, author and political satirist
- Treasurer – Hoyt Davidson, Managing Partner, Near Earth LLC
Space Foundation Chief Executive Officer, Thomas E. Zelibor also serves on the Executive Committee.
Directors elected to a second three-year term:
- Alice Bunn, Ph.D., Director of Policy, UK Space Agency
- Jeffrey D. Grant, former Sector Vice President and General Manager, Space Systems, Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (Ret.)
- Blake E. Larson, Corporate Vice President and President Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems
Continuing their service on the Board:
- Christopher U. Browne, Deputy Director, National Air and Space Museum
- Lisa Callahan, Vice President and General Manager, Commercial Civil Space, Lockheed Martin Space Systems
- James H. Chilton, Senior Vice President, Space and Missile Systems, Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS)
- The Honorable Thomas C. Feeney, III, President and Chief Executive Officer, Associated Industries of Florida
- Michael C. Gass, former President and Chief Executive Officer, United Launch Alliance (Ret.)
- William Gattle, President, Harris Corporation Space and Intelligence Systems
- Phil Larson, Space Foundation New Generation Space Leader; Assistant Dean and Chief of Staff, University of Colorado Boulder, College of Engineering & Applied Science
- Fritz Merkle, Ph.D., Senior Representative of the Executive Board, OHB
- Peter B. Trainer, Vice President and General Manager, Air Force Solutions, BAE Systems
Ronald M. Sega, Ph.D., Director, Systems Engineering Programs, Colorado State University and former NASA astronaut, completed his Board service and was elected to Life Director.
Completing his first term and discontinuing service on the Board was Richard R. Yuse, Vice President, Raytheon Company, President, Space and Airborne Systems.