...Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Mission Partner Conference 2012, which will be held at the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, Florida, from May 7 - 10.
This year's theme focuses on enterprise IT and how it will provide responsive, secure, efficient, and effective capabilities to support the full spectrum of global DOD operations. The conference has three focus areas:
1. Efficiencies & Effectiveness: In our current environment of reduced budgets, we need to identify and implement efficiencies while still focusing on the IT effectiveness our warfighters need.
2. Mobility: Providing our warfighters with “information on the move,” means the use of secure/assured and effective use of commercial mobile technologies.
3. Security: Ensuring IT components are consolidated into a single, well-defended, agile IT enterprise infrastructure that is secure and can quickly respond to threats.
The conference features six world-class speakers, two panels, 60 track sessions and a state-of-the-art technology tradeshow featuring more than 250 exhibits. The event is structured to promote DOD and industry plenary presentations to encourage maximum dialogue on strategic partnering, efficiencies, and effectiveness.
- Confirmed government/military/industry plenary speakers include: Army Gen. Keith Alexander, NSA director, Chief Central Security Service, & Commander, U.S. Cyber Command; Dr. Pradeep Sindhu, Vice Chairman, CTO, & Founder, Juniper; Mr. Mark Hurd, President, Oracle; Mr. Lowell McAdam, Chairman & CEO, Verizon Communications; and Dr Tom Leighton, Co-founder and Chief Scientist, Akamai
- An Industry/Government/CIO/CTO panel, moderated by DOD CIO, the Honorable Teri Takai, will share DOD & Service focuses on the future, such as strategic-level view of efficiencies gained through delivering enterprise services
- An IT Efficiencies Exchange will feature key industry and government leaders discussing centralizing IT services and their experience in moving to a more efficient IT structure, lessons learned, best practices, cost savings, benefits on business operations, and unforeseen impacts, etc.