[SatNews] MTN Government (MTNGOV), a subsidiary of MTN Communications (MTN) has introduced the industry’s first “Social Media Threat Intelligence” managed service, which is a predictive cyber solution that enables U.S. government agencies using social networking, mobile devices and distributed workforces to protect against the onslaught of cyber threats.
The MTNGOV solution identifies and analyzes malicious actors, threats and targeted attacks against U.S. government leaders and agencies; and provides proactive, actionable threat analytics and intelligence in advance of any network compromise. The service uses a patented enterprise-security platform powered by ZeroFOX, a social risk and cyber threat intelligence solutions company.
“MTNGOV is partnering with ZeroFOX and other cybersecurity experts to deliver innovative new predictive analytics to our U.S. government customers,” said Peg Grayson, president of MTNGOV. “Our customers are realizing traditional cybersecurity approaches are no longer working and new approaches are needed to detect cyber intrusions that threaten our national security, critical infrastructure, state and local governments and our U.S. government leaders.”
MTNGOV is an authorized provider of services offered by ZeroFOX. MTNGOV solutions are customizable, scalable and available as a complete end-to-end managed service with the following features:
- Identify malicious actors, threats and targeted attacks against organizations
- Provide proactive, actionable threat analytics and intelligence in advance of any network compromise
- Conduct deep analysis with automated risk, fraud and threat scoring to drive security actions
- Prevent and block attacks before they reach network, systems and mobile devices with early warning threat data from social media attacks
- Defend against advanced social-borne attacks undetected by traditional security technology
- Visualize and understand the cyber threat landscape
- Management from a Secure Network Operations Center (SNOC)
“ZeroFOX is excited to be partnering with MTNGOV to help the U.S. government address the increasing risk and cyber threats associated with the continued growth of social media,” said Evan Blair, chief operating officer of ZeroFOX. “The attack surface has expanded, extending beyond our physical network borders. Leveraging the ZeroFOX Platform, MTNGOV is providing clients the ability to proactively defend their data, networks and devices from advanced cyber threats with a completely managed service.”
MTNGOV demos of the new service will be available at Satellite 2014 (booth #7075) in Washington, D.C. from March 11 –13, 2014. More information about MTNGOV’s Social Media Threat Intelligence managed service is available at this direct infopage link.