New from Keysight Technologies is their W1720EP Phased Array Beamforming Kit.
This kit provides system architects in SATCOM, 5G and Radar/EW with the essential tools to evaluate phased array and beamforming subsystems, including RF, Digital, and Hybrid beamforming architectures. Consider RF nonlinear and noise effects, Gain/Phase quantization, and Monte Carlo variations effects on total beam quality, sidelobe levels, and effective radiated power. The kit also supports dynamic system-level scenarios with algorithms for adaptive beamforming.
As SystemVue includes MATLAB Script and supports baseband algorithm modeling in C++, SystemC, and VHDL/Verilog, SystemVue is an ideal platform to cross-validate phased array design information from RF, Baseband, as well as test and measurement teams. The W1720 beamforming kit is also compatible with SystemVue’s many reference libraries for satellite, 4G/5G, Rada and other modulation formats.
The kit would be of definite use to RF system architects, system-level PHY architects and baseband beamforming algorithm designers. The application that can benefit from the W1720 include:
- Satellite/NewSpace communications terminals and payloads
- 5G beamforming and high order MIMO
- Radar/EW and Automotive beamforming
Included in the kit...
- RF array analysis personality that adds on top of the W1719 RF System Design Kit
- Dataflow simulation support, including Beamforming synthesis, analysis, and dynamic visualization
- Dataflow “Timed Envelope Matrix” datatype for working easily with highly-parallel signal structures
- RFLINK support, which allows RF arrays to be leveraged at the Dataflow level, and with 5G/Radar scenarios