GateHouse Telecom has announced that their Global Xpress Link Emulator is now ready for sale and will provide users with the opportunity for thorough and efficient on-the-bench use when and where wanted.
What is a GLE? In short, the Global Xpress Link Emulator is a test and demo tool for Ka-band solutions. The tool enables users to emulate and control a realistic Ka-band connection, eliminating the need for airtime and a terminal. This enables the testing or demonstration of a solutions’ functionality at all times and in all places in a variety of scenarios.
Why would anyone select emulated testing over on-air testing? While a trip out in the fresh air might be a welcome change from a stuffy office environment, testing outside is not always a favorable option. One benefit is to be able to avoid any weather conditions that are less agreeable than sunshine and a blue sky. However, this is, for the most part, a leisurely reason to use emulated testing for your Global Xpress solutions.
Five reasons as to how GLE can make life easier)...
1. Several test beds need to be established in order to test solutions, but there are not enough terminals to do so.
The GLE emulates both the satellite link as well as the terminal, making it an inexpensive alternative to purchasing more terminals.
2. Customers require a high level of solution assurance. The GLE allows you to test and document solution performance in a range of network scenarios and in different bandwidth situations assuring your customers a high quality solution.
3. The solution must be demo'd to a customer at a trade show or at an external meeting, which is a logistical challenge or simply not possible due to the in-door location. With the GLE you operate independently of location. You do not need a terminal or line of sight to the satellite – as long as you have an internet connection, you can test and demo wherever and whenever you want.
4. The solution must be seen as capable of handling different levels of signal degradation, but how to go about this is unclear, as there is no visibility of the conditions of the live environment. With the GLE you control network conditions and can easily test any level of signal degradation and the consequences it has for the QoS for the user.
5. You need to exemplify and showcase that your government solution or device is robust and performs in worst case scenarios. With the GLE you can easily and efficiently showcase that your government solutions or devices work, even in less than desirable network scenarios and over long periods of time. Bring your solution or device to the customers’ premises along with the GLE. Connect, set-up and provide your customer with a hands-on experience.
The above mentioned are merely a few of the situations in which the product can be utilized. This tool wlll be updated continually as customers explore and use the product and potentially add new features.