[Satnews] Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (NASDAQ:GILT) (TASE:GILT) announces the company is streamlining their organization to gain better benefits from significant growth opportunities in the market.
The focus shift encompasses...
- HTS—Gilat will continue to drive meaningful partnerships with HTS Operators, leveraging our leading technology in the market and our breadth of services to deploy and operate the ground segment.
- IFC—We are placing major focus on developing our new dual band Ka/Ku terminal, as well as leveraging our uniquely developed Phased Array antennas, to serve the high growth market of In-flight Connectivity.
- Rural Internet Broadband—Building on our vast experience from the Fitel projects in Peru and identifying additional markets to expand into, bringing internet broadband to rural areas.
- Enhancing our offering to provide comprehensive turnkey solutions to Telcos and large enterprises.
- The Chinese market—Gilat's recent win in the yet untapped Chinese market presents the company with a significant opportunity, encompassing all of the above business drivers within a single territory.
In order to take full advantage of the above Gilat has adjusted its organization. First, our Commercial division will continue focusing on the HTS market, while driving broader solutions, enhancing our offering to combine technology and services. Secondly, our Strategic Initiatives Division will encompass our IFC activity, Wavestream, Defense and the Chinese market, which will be addressed with a special focus.
Dov Baharav, Chairman and interim CEO of Gilat said: "We are witnessing several trends in the industry accelerate, including: a shift to High Throughput Satellites (HTS), enhanced need for comprehensive services and turnkey solutions, the growth of Rural Broadband Internet (as was just demonstrated by Facebook's new initiative for Africa), deployment of HTS satellite communication in China, and in-flight connectivity (IFC)."