[SatNews] FreeWave Technologies, Inc. has announced new executive appointments that will position the company for continued growth and leadership in the M2M and industrial Internet of Things (IoT) markets.
FreeWave has appointed Kim Niederman as its new CEO. Niederman has more than 20 years of senior executive experience (including serving as CEO and President) with a successful leadership track-record in public and private companies of all sizes, ranging from large high-tech (Cisco Systems), to mid-size corporations (Polycom, Inc., FORE Systems, 8x8, Inc.), and several start-up firms. Most recently, he served as President of 8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), where the company's market cap increased five times to more than $1 billion in two-and-a-half years under his leadership. FreeWave Co-founder Steve Wulchin will continue to play a significant role by serving as President and overseeing FreeWave’s penetration into existing and new international markets.
The new management team includes industry veterans poised to take the company into exciting new growth markets. Management team members include:
- Kim Niederman, Chief Executive Officer
- Steve Wulchin, Co-founder and President
- Karl Kunz, Chief Financial Officer – formerly CFO at Carefree of Colorado; Director of ISC FP&A at Honeywell Aerospace; and, several years in Finance at Hewlett-Packard
- Ashish Sharma, Chief Marketing Officer and General Manager of Products – formerly Vice President, Marketing at Alvarion; Vice Chair, Marketing Working Group of the WiMAX Forum; Director of Business Development at Ericsson; and, Manager, RF Engineering at Qualcomm
- Greg Veintimilla, Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Engineering – formerly President and CEO at Vintrana; Vice President, System Engineering and Advanced Technologies at Powerwave Technologies; Chief Technology Officer and Vice President of Engineering at RadioFrame Networks; and, Manager, DSP Software Development at AT&T Wireless
- Ken Granader, Vice President of Sales – formerly Vice President at Polycom; Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Switchpoint Networks; Regional Manager at Cisco; and, Major Account Sales Manager at Xerox
- Kelly Wenzel, Director of Human Resources – formerly Senior Regional Human Resources Manager – East and West Coasts – at Animal Health International; Director, Communications at SeatonHill; President HR Strategy and Compliance Consulting at Wenzel Consulting Firm; and, several other Human Resource and Communications positions in other leading organizations
Since its beginning – long before the term “M2M” was popular – FreeWave has been connecting devices wirelessly for mission-critical industrial applications. The expected growth of the industrial M2M market plays well into FreeWave’s expertise as demonstrated by its recent introduction of WavePoint, the company’s new versatile high-speed wireless networking platform that securely communicates industrial data over long distances to enable M2M, IoT, broadband and SCADA applications. Since its market introduction in March, the WavePoint product family has already received four M2M industry awards for its innovation and technology design.
The Freewave Technologies infosite may be accessed at http://www.freewave.com/