For decades, power conversion engineers have had limited options when isolating and regulating DC output, all of which involve multiple conversion steps, complexity and significant cost—to solve these challenges, Marotta Controls has debuted their 1-STEP AC-DC Conversion solution.
1-STEP uniquely achieves three-phase Active Power Factor Correction (APFC), output regulation and electrical isolation in a single conversion step. 1-STEP’s simplified topology utilizes approximately 50 percent of the component-count found in conventional solutions, inherently providing greater reliability. This new power conversion technology from Marotta Controls offers compact size, high-density performance advantages, and cost effectiveness — in addition to outstanding reliability.
1-STEP meets key military and commercial avionics standards:
- MIL-STD-704A-F: Aircraft power quality for 115 VAC, 3-phase, 400 Hz power
- MIL-STD-1399-300B for Type I Shipboard Power, 115 VAC, 3-phase, 60 Hz: The design is also
- adaptable for 440 VAC input voltage
- DO-160G Sections 16: Power Input
- DO-160G Sections 18 through 22: EMI/EMC
- MIL-STD-461F: EMI/EMC requirements
- A 2.6 kW version has been qualified for a Navy aircraft application (to MIL-STDs 461, 704 and 810)
1-STEP may be tailored for specific applications with respect to shock, vibration, temperature and other environmental factors. By realizing 1-STEP’s comprehensive improvements in reliability, size, weight, and cost, OEMs can distinguish their own systems and equipment – capitalizing on high power conversion as a competitive edge and design innovation.
Visit marotta.com/1-STEP and download the 1-STEP Technical Paper to learn more about this offering.