[Satnews] DEV Systemtechnik, a Quintech Company, has announced a pioneering new feature which they have now built into their recent ARCHIMEDES L-Band Matrix Switch.
This feature is called ISA and stands for Integrated Spectrum Analyzer and can be integrated according to customer requirements as an option with the ARCHIMEDES Distributing Matrix and has a number of benefits for all headend operation managers.
The ARCHIMEDES L-Band Matrix Switch with Integrated Spectrum Analyzer (ISA) allows the easy and flexible analysis of RF and Satellite signals via a Graphical User Interface over Ethernet or the ARCHIMEDES Multi-Touch Display. Both signals at the output of the Archimedes Matrix and RF signals of separate equipment can be analyzed without the need of additional rack space or measurement equipment. This makes the product ideally suited for systems operators in headends as optimization of operations can be readily performed with an always available built-in spectrum analyzer device.
These benefits do make the difference towards conventional solutions:
- It allows the easy and flexible analysis of RF and Satellite signals from a remote location without the need to be physically present at the Matrix
- As the Spectrum Analyzer is integrated in the Matrix Switch, it does not require additional rack space
- It is always available and cannot be taken away by your colleagues who need the Spectrum Analyzer at another location
- Signals at the output port of the Matrix and also RF Signals of separate equipment can be analyzed via a Graphical User Interface over Ethernet with any standard Web Browser or the ARCHIMEDES Multi Touch Display.
- The result: easier, optimized and more flexible operations in your headend
The ARCHIMEDES L-Band Distributing Matrix in 4RU for up to 64x64 is stronger, smaller and smarter with the most competitive cost performance ratio. The Integrated Spectrum Analyzer makes the Matrix Switch even more attractive and is available as an option.