[Satnews] GL Communications Inc. announces their enhanced OC3/12 and STM1/4 Analysis and Emulation Platform referred to as LightSpeed1000™.
Among its many features is direct access to any or all T1s E1s (336 T1s = 16,128 DS0s, or 252 E1s = 15,624 DS0s) inside the OC-12 STM-4. GL's LightSpeed1000 comes with all of the necessary software for capturing, monitoring, emulation, and protocol analysis over SONET-SDH links, with a price tag that compares very favorably with similar test instruments at 3 times the price.”
LightSpeed100™ supports both Channelized and Unchannelized modes. 2 out of the 4 ports are meant for SONET/SDH Unchannelized and unframed data. The remaining 2 ports can be either SONET/SDH or GigE (future) ports meant for Channelized T1 E1.
The enhanced GL’s LightSpeed1000™ platform in Channelized Mode provides simplicity and permits direct DS0 level access to hundreds of T1s and E1s within OC-3 STM-1/OC-12 STM-4, and in the near future all the E3s and T3s constituting the OC-3 and STM-1.
This platform with its unique architecture eliminates the requirement for external multiplexing hardware and hundreds of cables and connectors. Multiple, interdependent streams of any user-defined capacity can be generated internally, analyzed, and monitored in real-time.
- 2 Channelized OC-3 STM-1/OC-12 STM-4 SONET/SDH interfaces per Lightspeed1000™ card
- 2 Unchannelized OC-3 STM-1/OC-12 STM-4 interfaces per Lightspeed1000™ card
- Channelized ports act as terminal multiplexers and demultiplexers
- Allows direct access to anything and everything on SONET / SDH - Framing and Payload, including structured traffic (DS0, T1, E1, STS-1, DS3 etc) or unstructured traffic (ATM, PoS, etc).
- Scans the received STM-4/STM-1 traffic and identifies the mapping, tributary type [T1/E1], equipped/unequipped status of the tributaries
- Broadcasts the selected T1/E1 channel data on all the 252 E1’s or 336 T1’s
- Supports any combination of DS0/64/56/16/8 kbps fractional T1/E1, and N x T1/E1 interface definitions (a total of 252 E1s or 336 T1s – in each port )
- Pluggable SFPs allow Single-mode (SM), and Multi-mode (MM) fiber optic non-intrusive tap
- API for Microsoft® Windows® and Linux operating Systems to develop user specific applications
- Key T1 E1 specific features -
- Comprehensive protocol analysis and emulation - HDLC, SS7, ISDN, CAS, PPP, Frame Relay, ATM and more
- Analysis of DS0s for frequency, power level, spectral display, listen to channel
- GL's proven WCS high level remote interface
- All protocols analyzers can be used with GL's NetSurveyorWeb™
- Applications for Direct T1 E1 within SONET SDH:
- GL's MAPS™ GSM simulation over A Interface simulates BSSMAP & DTAP messages and signaling specification as defined by 3GPP standards
- Monitoring GSM Abis link over channelized OC-3 STM-1 for monitoring RF information, Roaming, SMS, Location update, and more
- GL's MAPS™ SS7 simulation over TDM (T1E1) simulates Service Switching Point (SSP). The ISUP signaling specification conforms to ITU-T and ANSI standards
- Testing voice and data services on hybrid networks (such as ATM to SDH)
- Non-intrusive protocol analysis and monitoring (ex: Monitor tens to hundreds of SS7 links for signaling and bearer channels)