[SatNews] At IBC2014, in booth 8.E78, 2wcom will be showcasing five new products within their professional broadcast products line.
The new products include:
- MM01 Audio over IP Contribution/Distribution Solution – 2wcom’s MM01 is a new compact multi-role solution for audio over IP contribution and distribution. Targeted primarily at studio-transmitter link applications, MM01 is designed for versatility, providing advanced redundancy capability and monitoring functions, with the ability to integrate into diverse infrastructures. The MM01’s audio synchronization, delivered to microsecond accuracy, also makes it suitable for applications where precise timing is essential, such as SFN FM networks. Offering comprehensive support for today’s most widely-used audio codecs including AAC and eAPTX, the MM01 also supports dual streaming and Pro MPEG FEC – standardized mechanisms for overcoming IP limitations when they occur.
- FM2TS Professional MPEG Encoding Gateway – The FM2TS is an 8-channel FM to MPEG Transport Stream IP gateway that can be used to provide FM audio to cable broadcasters, or to stream 8 FM channels to a quality assurance institution as part of an FM monitoring solution. The FM2TS can also be deployed as a solution for transmission to gap fillers or rebroadcasting. Reducing CAPEX and OPEX by concentrating 8 channels into a single device, the FM2TS also features 2wcom’s future-ready new hardware platform, with support for leading-edge TS and IP functionalities such as multiple MPTS and SPTS generation, IPv6, HTTPS, and SNMPv3.
- 2014 Hardware Platform – IBC 2014 sees the introduction of 2wcom’s new advanced hardware/software platform, designed for high-performance support of forthcoming technical developments including IPV6, IP security HTPS, SNMPV3 and many more. The basis of 2wcom’s new MM01 and FM2TS, the new platform combines 2wcom’s professional satellite receiver functionality with the company’s market-leading IP codec in an architecture readily adaptable for future enhancements.
- FM02 FM All-in-one FM Receiver Solution – The FM02 combines 2wcom’s expertise in FM and RDS Monitoring into a single unit that combines the functionality for the multiple roles of demodulation, source-switching for FM backup, and FM/RDS parameter monitoring. As a demodulator, the FM02’s dual inputs can receive one FM signal for rebroadcasting and another for monitoring, or the same signal on both channels for a backup solution.
- Single Frequency Network System Solution – Assured SFN synchronization with flexible modular configuration 2wcom will debut a new solution for SFN FM networks at IBC 2014 that provides assured μs-accurate synchronization for implementing FM SFN networks with existing analogue transmission infrastructure. Distribution can be by E1, IP or satellite, and any one of the feeds can be selected for backup purposes without affecting the synchronization. Adjustment of runtime differences, jitter etc. is automatic.
Also on show at IBC 2014
FlexDSR02+/FlexDSR04+ – IRD for audio contribution via satellite and IP 2wcom’s FlexDSR02+ and FlexDSR04+ offer an unprecedented combination of capabilities in a compact 1U IRD for professional audio contribution via satellite and IP. Far more versatile, powerful and effectively integrated than the previous generation of satellite receivers, the FlexDSR02+ and FlexDSR04+ feature versatile inputs for up to four different programs with analog or digital output, a full regional insert solution, SIRC for inband control via satellite, and automatic weightbalancing of quality parameters and program source switching (satellite, IP-line, ASI, SD card) in case of failure. With support for the latest codecs, inbuilt monitoring of operational parameters, and superfast reliable hardware easily upgradeable with software options, the FlexDSR02+ and FlexDSR04+ is the most innovative IRD available.
FlexNsert/FlexXtract – DAB+ distribution via satellite The 2wcom FlexNsert DAB+ Distribution Inserter receives a DAB ETI data stream (according to EN 300799), converts the stream into a standard MPEG2-TS-signal and outputs it via ASI or Ethernet transport stream interfaces. The FlexXtract+ DAB+ Distribution Extractor demodulates a data stream (2048 kbps) from a DVB-S or DVB-S2 signal and converts the data into a standard ETI-signal according to EN 300799 or EDI-signal according to TS 102 693 to feed DAB or DAB+ transmitters. Both units offer optional advanced bandwidth saving technology for up to 45% greater efficiency, together with a multi-program regionalisation management option.
For additional information, please visit the 2wcom infosite at http://www.2wcom.com/