Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited ( AsiaSat ) has launched their first mobile application that offers unique features and functions for iOS or Android smartphone users.
Practical and interactive functions in the app include:
- AsiaSat Satellite Finder – camera and GPS assisted tool to locate AsiaSat satellites
- Uplink Calculator – tool to calculate uplink power of the TV network designed on AsiaSat satellites
- Downlink Calculator – tool to calculate TVRO size of the TV network designed on AsiaSat
- Sun Outage Calculator – get information on sun outage occurrence time and duration
- AsiaSat Satellite Footprints – all about AsiaSat fleet’s performance across Asia Pacific
The platform also offers users convenient access to the latest news, events, services and TV channel reception information of AsiaSat.
Barrie Woolston, the Chief Commercial Officer at AsiaSat, stated that mobile applications are, undoubtedly, the new wave of business applications. The company is excited to release AsiaSat’s first mobile application and to see that the firm's latest initiative gets the company closer to customers and users by providing them the best access to the latest information and some useful tools that will benefit their use of AsiaSat services. The company's ultimate goal is to ever improve the firm's services and to deliver the best possible customer and user experience.