[SatNews] SMi's MilSatCom series will continue with the next event occurring in Abu Dhabi for the first time.
The event will offer a tailored program based on current issues across MILSATCOM covered by a series of international speakers. In addition to having representatives from the Middle East in attendance, the conference will have African representation as well as the challenges of using SATCOM across difficult terrain are explored. Also to be heard from will be nations outside the region who will share their experiences as end-users of the latest technologies in the SATCOM industry.
Event highlights include...
Three industry-leading keynote addresses:
- Colonel Atogeba Alobawone, Director Communication, Directorate of Defence Communication and Information Systems, Ghana Armed forces
- Colonel Kattala, Tanzania People's Defence Forces
- Colonel Thabo Ntoni, Senior Staff Officer Product Systems Management of the Command and Management Information Systems Division, South African National Defence Force (SANDF)*
An exceptional speaker line-up will be offered, featuring:
- Saeed Al Mansoori, Senior Engineer, Emirates Institution for Advanced Science and Technology (EIAST)
- Yahaya, Isah Akor, Legal Adviser, National Space Research and Development Agency
- Her Excellency Mrs Nicole Bintner-Bakshian, Ambassador of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in the UAE
- Maria Mateo Iborra, Project Manager, Ground Segment Solutions, SES
- Dr Ayman Ahmed,Satellite System Engineer, National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space
- Laith Hamad, Director of Middle East and North Africa, Access Partnership
- Speaker name to be Confirmed, NigComSat
- Khalid Al Awadhi, Manager Space Services, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
Key reasons to attend MilSatCom ME&A
- Have the opportunity to network with our attendees from military end-users in the MilSatCom industry to satellite communication providers and vendors to improve your network
- Hear the challenges of implementing MilSatCom from end-users in the region such as availability options, cost and consider how you can improve your own capability
- Hear from the big players in Western SatCom industry and their latest technologies to ensure you have the most efficient capability
- Hear direct from Armed Forces in Africa about their MilSatCom challenges and future projects such as Tanzania
- Hear about commercial and humanitarian collaborative efforts on SatCom particularly from Luxembourg
- Understand more of the legal and policy aspects of satcom so as to avoid the common pitfalls across the region
- Get a better grasp of the regulation around SatCom in Nigeria and United Arab Emirates from the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, UAE
Don't miss the chance to network with MilSatCom professionals from across the globe. Please visit this infosite to register for this event.
* Speaker to be confirmed