IPNetSim™ emulates an IP network with access to 10 Gbps full duplex link or a 10/100/1000 Mbps full duplex link. For each direction, incoming traffic can be identified into separate user defined streams (up to 16 streams for 1 Gbps pipe and up to 4 streams for 10 Gbps pipe). These user defined streams can be modified to simulate network impairments.
IPNetSim™ is comprised of 4 ports, of which 2 ports support 10/100/1000 Mbps in either Electrical or Optical mode, emulating a 1Gbps full duplex pipe. The optical mode supports only 1000 Mbps using SFPs enabling testing on optical fiber. The other two ports on the unit support 10 Gbps using 10 Gbps SFP+s.
IPNetSim™ 1Gbps IPN501 appliance is a 1U rack-mount hardware unit while IPNetSim™ 1Gbps IPN505 is a portable Touch-screen handheld unit sporting the same features as IPN501.Functional capabilities of IPNetSim™ (1 Gbps/10 Gbps) include: Simulation of WAN conditions and this includes various real world WAN settings such as Bandwidth, Latency, Packet-Loss, Error Insertion, Reordering, and Duplication to check the performance of end equipment to real world impairments. These settings can be applied for the selected 16 unique streams on 1Gbps link and 4 unique streams on 10Gbps link independently in each direction.
Traffic (bidirectional streams) can be processed at wirespeed (1Gbps or 10Gbps). Bidirectional streams can be configured as symmetrical (identical WAN impairments in both directions) or asymmetrical (different WAN impairments in each direction). WAN impairments can be configured independently for each stream. By classifying traffic into separate streams, and applying different set of impairments on each stream, a single IPNetSim™ can emulate different WAN scenarios like Head Office to Data Center, Head Office to Branch Office etc.
Real-time traffic statistics per stream are displayed. The statistics include Tx and Rx Frames, Dropped Packets (due to Bandwidth Control), Number of Packets with Errors, Dropped Packets (due to Packet Loss), Duplicated Packets, and Reordered Packets. In addition to Stream statistics, detailed per port frame statistics is also provided. The real-time Throughput of each stream, plotted as rate against time is displayed in the form of line graph. All streams throughput can be viewed together, or user can select or deselect each stream to view. Graphing is supported from 5 seconds up to 7 days.”
- Ability to create up to 16 bi-directional streams on 1Gbps link or 4 bidirectional streams on 10Gbps link with independent WAN emulation parameters
- Supports various WAN impairments like bandwidth throttling, congestion, latency, jitter, packet loss, packet duplication, dropped packets, packet corruption etc
- Bandwidth Throttling feature to mimic slower WAN links like RS232/DSL/Modem/T1/E1/T3/E3 etc
- Independent per stream WAN impairments helps emulate different WAN links in a single device
- Detailed per stream statistics for easy performance monitoring
- Live throughput graphs per stream to visualize the effects of WAN impairments on the traffic