This marks the fourth improvement since Piksi Multi began shipping one year ago. â€‹â€‹The firmware release also enhances Duro®, the ruggedized version of the Piksi Multi receiver housed in a military-grade, weatherproof enclosure designed specifically for outdoor deployments.
The â€‹â€‹upgrade â€‹â€‹is available â€‹â€‹at â€‹â€‹no â€‹â€‹cost â€‹â€‹to â€‹â€‹Piksi â€‹â€‹Multi â€‹â€‹and Duro users â€‹â€‹and â€‹â€‹provides â€‹â€‹full â€‹â€‹support â€‹â€‹for â€‹â€‹ GLONASS, in addition to the GPS satellite constellation. Access to dual constellations greatly improves availability, reliability and range between GNSS base and rover devices. This firmware release also adds NMEA GGA output capability to existing NTRIP (Networked Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol), enabling Piksi Multi and Duro to seamlessly position by sending and receiving data from CORS (Continuously Operating Reference Station) base stations over the Internet.
Firmware â€‹â€‹Version â€‹â€‹1.4 â€‹â€‹Enhanced Receiver Performance Highlights â€‹â€‹Include
- GLONASS â€‹â€‹+ GPS Support—The â€‹â€‹new â€‹â€‹firmware â€‹â€‹provides â€‹â€‹full and reliable Integer Ambiguity Resolution for â€‹â€‹GLONASS (G1/G2) + GPS (L1/L2C) for use with Swift Navigation products and most third-party base stations
- RTCM 1230 and 1033 Interoperability—allows Piksi Multi and Duro to communicate with many third-party industry-standard receivers
- NTRIP NMEA GGA Support—enables network RTK solutions and Virtual Base Network (VBN) services
- Additional Fundamental Improvements
- • Full position and velocity covariances now published for advanced users for use in autonomous systems
- • Carrier phase reacquisition was improved by seconds
- • Fix reliability and availability was enhanced for extremely precise positioning
- • Accuracy in SPP mode was increased when RTK is not available
Fergus Noble, the CTO of Swift Navigation, noted that the addition of a second GLONASS satellite constellation enhances reliability and centimeter-accurate positioning in challenging environments, better supporting ground applications in precision agriculture, robotics and autonomous vehicles. Best of all, the firm's customers benefit from new features delivered as a software update, at no additional cost and with no changes to their Piksi Multi or Duro hardware, underscoring Swift’s commitment to continuous improvements in our product lines.” â€‹
For â€‹â€‹firmware â€‹â€‹release â€‹â€‹binaries â€‹â€‹and product â€‹â€‹support â€‹â€‹documentation, please â€‹â€‹visit â€‹â€‹â€‹support.swiftnav.comâ€‹.