The MPEG Industry Forum, the world’s largest advocacy group for the promotion of MPEG and related standards based technologies, announced that the following eight member companies will be exhibiting at NAB 2011, take place in Las Vegas, NV, between April 9 and April 14, 2011.
- Beijing Novel-Super Digital TV Technology Co., Ltd, Booth SL13316MR
- Cisco, Booth SU2617
- Dolby Laboratories, Booth C9515
- Envivio, Booth SU4302
- Ericsson, Booth SU3308
- Fraunhofer IIS, Booth SU5520
- Harmonic Inc., Booth SU4909 & SL2005
- Motorola, Booth SU2912
- SENCORE has signed a master distribution agreement with Consult Service (CS) to represent SENCORE's broadcast solutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). With a focus on broadcasting customers in the region, CS will provide localized sales, consulting, and support for SENCORE's entire line of video distribution and test and measurement equipment from its offices in Neuss, Germany. With a reputation for excellence in consulting and technology for the broadcast, media, and telecom vertical markets, CS prides itself on its team of broadcasting professionals, who have served in many different segments of the industry. In its broadcast practice, CS represents top-shelf manufacturers of equipment for TV stations, SNG and cable network operators, and IPTV-Web TV providers. Going forward, CS will represent leading SENCORE products such as the TXS 3453 Transcoder, SMD 989 DVB-S2 Modulator, MRD 3187B Receiver Decoder, and the Company's complete line of monitoring, measurement, and analysis tools, including the TSM 1770 transport stream monitor.
- SIS LIVE has won the contract to design, build and deliver HD agile cameras and digital RF microwave links for the 34th America’s Cup. The multi-million pound contract will see SIS LIVE supply the on-board camera systems over a three-year period to the America’s Cup Event Authority (ACEA). David Meynell, Managing Director, SIS LIVE, says, “This is a very important strategic contract that allows SIS LIVE to develop cutting-edge solutions for the America’s Cup Event Authority. We have already started the process, having been to New Zealand to look at the boats. SIS LIVE is unique in its ability to offer a complete solution including the design, build and delivery of the highest specification HD agile cameras and RF microwave links. We also have the technical and operational personnel to operate the cameras in race conditions. SIS LIVE has extensive experience of designing and operating small on-board HD camera systems and RF links for motorsports, sailing in Beijing and other sporting events, and we are bringing all that expertise to the America’s Cup.” SIS LIVE will provide a fully managed integrated technical solution for HD agile cameras and RF microwave links. This includes the remote cameras on-board yachts, camera feeds and audio from yachts to shore, chase boats, umpire boats and helicopters’ camera feeds. The systems are being specially designed to be as ergonomic and lightweight as possible to minimise their impact on the racing yachts, while generating the high quality HD pictures needed for the global television and online coverage. The three-year contract covers two America’s Cup World Series, which begin this summer and include 16 regattas around the globe; the Louis Vuitton Cup, the America’s Cup Challengers Series held July 13 – September 1, 2013 in San Francisco; and the America’s Cup Match to be held September 7 – 22, 2013 in San Francisco.
- For years market-leading media companies have searched for a workflow solution that is cost-effective, scalable, and operational within their existing framework. StorerTV answers this need with the CentriX Workflow Engine, a one-of-a-kind, functioning solution being introduced at the 2011 NAB Show. Operators save time and labor while increasing management oversight by automating and monitoring any task or process within an entire “media factory.” Broadcasters are not bound to one system or one brand for every component in their operation as CentriX integrates seamlessly with any legacy system offered by other manufacturers, significantly reducing the cost of implementation for a “media factory” of this magnitude. CentriX integrates with any open system in the organization, acting as the glue that ties each task of each process completed by a person or technical asset together. CentriX also incorporates web-based dashboards that can be customized to display the status of any automated processes across the entire organization. Dashboard modules can include analysis reports, work queues, specific task alerts, forms, and data profiles. CentriX will be operational and on display during the 2011 NAB Show in booth N329 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention.
December 31st, -0001
Of Interest To SatBroadcasting Professionals...