...satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston’s partnership with Viaccess. This new receiver is packed up with the best of Aston technology: Twin tuner, HD/3D, PVR Ready, HbbTV, Push VOD, multi-room.
Thanks to MStar MSD 7862 (K2) rich functionalities and Aston hardware and software design control, Xena HD Twin + is packed with cutting edge technologies:
- HbbTV functionalities. This HbbTV plugin has been developed by MStar R&D and has been optimized and integrated by Aston team
- First Viaccess ACS 5.0 embedded receiver on the market HD PVR functionalities, developed and proven by Aston since 2006, ensuring stability and reliability to operators and users
- Twin tuner for full flexibility in recordings management. Integrated Push VOD functionalities in partnership with the French company Quadrille, with an optimum management thanks to twin tuner capacities
- Exclusive Aston technology for multi-room streaming in secure mode without using a second smartcard on the secondary receivers
- Integrated Android technologies. XENA® HD Twin + can be drive with a Smartphone or a tablet.
Aston unveiled the first card-less satellite receiver using Viaccess Embedded CAS. The receiver usage is simplified as there is no need for a smartcard anymore to watch payTV programs. Content protection is handled directly by the Viaccess software directly integrated in the receiver thus complying with operators’ security and monetization requirements. In addition, Aston has integrated Viaccess’ Embedded CAS technology in its new range of consumer CI+ 1.3 CAMs. Aston also announces that all new STBs launched from now on will propose the Embedded CAS functionality. Aston will be the very first manufacturer proposing such a wide range of card-less reception solutions complementing the existing card-based reception solutions.