Cloud Constellation's SpaceBelt™ has been awarded a US patent from the United States Patent and Trademark Office for a technologically advanced global communications platform operating at Low-Earth-Orbit (LEO), which enables the transport and/or storage of large blocks of data quickly and securely without exposure to any terrestrial communications infrastructure.
A step into the future with SpaceBelt offers a unique and safe way to provide a secure platform for cloud storage and high speed transmission of sensitive data around the world without regulatory constraints.
The deployment of satellite-based secure storage will protect critical data from unauthorized access while supporting global communications at reduced latency of today’s multi-hop networks.
- Provides data security in space: Organizations of all sizes are exposed to leaky Internet and leased lines, along with jurisdictional hazards. SpaceBelt provides an all-in-one space-based global cloud network that protects critical information to secure sensitive data from hijacking, theft, monitoring and sabotage.
- Ensures high throughput with major infrastructure savings: SpaceBelt avoids traditional terrestrial “hops” by transporting data across its high-speed communications platform in space.
- Avoids regulatory constraints: SpaceBelt utilizes existing and future satellite assets to reach customer origination and endpoints.
- Facilitates jurisdictional compliance: Hosting data on SpaceBelt has the potential to comply with international data sovereignty protection requirements
- Solves a multitude of diverse storage security requirements: Circumventing today’s major cybersecurity crisis, SpaceBelt protects critical and sensitive data for a diverse range of organizations, including cloud service providers, large telcos, network data security firms and systems integrators.
Cliff Beek, president of Cloud Constellation explained that over the past three years his team has achieved a significant design capability that enables them to leverage the industry’s vast investments to further SpaceBelt’s market position. He added that being awarded this patent is an important milestone as Cloud Constellation continues to accelerate its strategic growth initiatives, and that this validation underscores their commitment to build a unique platform that will begin the next evolution in space-based communications.