[SatNews] At Milcom 2014 next week, Agile Milcoms will debut the super lightweight (just 40 lbs.) IST-60 ManPack Terminal System.
The IST-60 brings the capability to transmit FMV (Full motion Video) without running out of RF power plus voice and data directly to the Warfighter or end user in a portable, easy-to-use, compact 60cm antenna. Agile Milcoms has developed the IST-60 ManPack Terminal System at the request of a number of users who want true RF power, Intelligent BUC control and reduced power consumption without all the heavy motors and easy-to-assemble or change components. This antenna was custom designed by AVL Technologies for Agile Milcoms. See the new IST-60 ManPack Terminal at Milcom 2014, Booth #350.
The IST-60 ManPack Terminal System can be configured for X-, Ku- and Ka-bands and is WGS ready. The user can simply change out any frequency band with another one in just minutes without having to disassemble the entire unit. This saves time and reduces cost overall. The base system is loaded with features not found on other terminals, such as...
- 16 LINEAR watts at Ku-band
- Ultra efficient Off-set reflector technology that reduces the physical blockage of the Tx and Rx signals due to the feed assembly being positioned in the way of the primary Satellite signals as found in all prime focus, center fed antenna systems
- Built-in CAP II™ controller that allows the user to survey, point and start using the system within minutes—many times faster than most motorized systems
- Smart BUC technology that adjusts output power based on the RF bandwidth and link availability
- Key-line power adjustment when used with the iDirect TDMA system further reduces DC power consumption
- FIPS 140-2 encryption utilizing embedded AES encryption and TRANSEC
The IST-60 ManPack Terminal System weighs in at 40 pounds, including its airline-checkable backpack case. A hard case is also available for rugged transportation.
For further information, please visit the Agile Milcoms infosite at http://ww.agilecoms.com