Avanti Communications Group plc (“Avanti”) has announced that their HYLAS-4 satellite has arrived safely in French Guiana for a March 2018 launch date.
The spacecraft, built by Orbital ATK, was packed and shipped at their Satellite Manufacturing Facility in Dulles, Virginia, United States, and flown to French Guiana, where the satellite was unloaded and taken to the Arianespace launch facilities in Kourou.
HYLAS-4 uses the latest High Throughput Satellite technology, doubling Avanti's Ka-band capacity across EMEA. The latest addition to Avanti's HYLAS fleet will provide:
- Backhaul services for mobile network operators
- Wholesale broadband for ISPs
- Connectivity for governments (civil and defense)
- High speed broadband services for the enterprise market
- Infill capacity for satellite operators
Avanti has a proven track record of supporting government projects throughout Sub-Saharan Africa