[SatNews] ...today remote sensors have applications in fields as varied as archeology, border monitoring, hydrology and freshwater resources, oil and mineral exploration, and urban and suburban planning.
Originally developed for military and intelligence-gathering applications, remote sensing technology makes it possible to examine objects and phenomena using only the target’s emitted or reflected radiation. Today, remote sensors have applications in fields as varied as archeology, border monitoring, hydrology and freshwater resources, oil and mineral exploration, and urban and suburban planning.
BCC Research provides an in-depth and detailed analysis of the global market for remote sensing products through its report, Remote Sensing Technologies and Global Markets. According to the report, this market was estimated at $7.6 billion in 2013 and is expected to grow to $8.1 billion in 2014. BCC Research projects the market to reach $12.1 billion in 2019, and register a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2 percent.
Use this report for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Gain an overview of the global market for remote sensing technologies, including four major remote sensing platforms, 10 key remote sensing instruments, and 20 applications that account for the bulk of the industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013 and 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019
- Estimates of demand for remote sensing products by region, instrument by application, and platform by application
- Reviews of remote sensing patents, including patent abstracts and the names of the inventors and original patent assignees
- An explanation of remote sensing image analysis techniques
- Identification of the major organizations that form and support the global remote sensing community
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players
Click here to order your copy of this report (or any of its chapters) or to download the report overview.