Drone-Mods.com has launched its Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) GPS Locator, an effective and reliable GPS solution for retrieving an aerial vehicle in the event of a fly-away. The Drone-Mods.com UAV Locator is a small, lightweight, self-powered, standalone GPS module that attaches to your aerial vehicle. If the pilot loses site of the vehicle, or experiences a fly-away, they simply call the phone number assigned to the UAV and within a few minutes, the pilot will receive a text message and an email containing a Google Maps link with the GPS (latitude/longitude) coordinates of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.
The Drone Mods UAV Locator is powered by GTX Corp. “We tested many tracking solutions prior to working with GTX and discovered they were not reliable enough to report an accurate position each and every time and many used outdated protocols,” said Bob Lorincz, president of Drone-Mods.com. “We are extremely satisfied with the product and service GTX provides us and look forward to a long lasting partnership.”
Some of the features included with the Drone Mods UAV GPS Locator are:
- Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion 1300 mAh battery that will last up to 12 days
- Device measures 2.6" L x 1.45" W x .75" H (67mm x 37mm x 20mm) and weighs only 56 grams
- U.S. based phone number and a low-cost annual data plan to keep your device activated
- Specialized SIM card to ensure GPS coordinates can be retrieved 99 percent of the time, even in rural or densely populated areas
- SOS button for sending GPS coordinates on-demand; High-sensitivity assisted GPS operates on the GPRS/GSM network; accuracy range of 30 to 150 ft.
- Crash proof, water resistant case
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty