With another major trade show upcoming — IBC2016 in Amsterdam — companies are preparing their presentation packages for on and off floor activities as the event—2wcom Systems GmbH is going to focus their attention on their new technology that takes transport one step further by enabling broadcasters to easily integrate AoIP and satellite technologies and switch from one stream to another, depending on their immediate needs, according to Werner Drews, the Managing Director of 2wcom.
Among the products offered for attendees is the company's FlexDSR Dual Channel Satellite System, a multi--faceted device that automatically selects and switches to the best available transport stream. Operators will be able to receive audio streams via satellite or IP, depending on their requirements and the best quality source available.
Particularly suited for dual-stream applications, FlexDSR is a satellite receiver that also serves as a complete AoIP system. The multi-faceted solution, ideal for mixed environments, automatically detects and switches to the best quality source — satellite or IP. The system, which combines transport technologies, facilitates the reception of transport streams or elementary audio streams via IP with Pro-MPEG FEC and DualStreaming protection against IP packet losses.
FlexDSR can receive and decode audio from a wide range of sources and is capable of transporting streams via satellite (DVB-S/S2), ASI input and IP, while also managing elementary audio streams and Icecast streams via IP. Able to support audio codecs such as MPEG 1 Layer 2, MP3, AAC LC, HE-AACv1 and HE-AACv2 and Enhanced aptX®, FlexDSR also offers quality uncompressed audio PCM at 48kHz/24bits. The FlexDSR system allows operators to benefit from a wide range of audio quality and offers a complete, efficient solution able to meet the rigorous needs of broadcasters, allowing them to quickly adapt to various transport scenarios
Other products that will be on display include:
- MM01—suitable for studio-to-transmitter link applications, studio-to-studio transmissions, as well as broadcast and post production purposes.
- A30, the company’s newest FM monitoring device and successor to the well-known A20, features additional power and flexibility and the system is equipped with two professional FM tuners able to be used independently.
- MM08E is a professional eight-stereo channel AoIP encoder designed for broadcast, contribution, distribution, in-house streaming, studio-to-transmitter links and studio-to-studio links. With this new encoder, customers do not need to depend on third party encoders anymore.
- RDS, an encoder for the future that is backward compatible with existing RDS receivers and allows broadcasters to opt for RDS2 as an alternative and also eliminates several limitations of the existing RDS by increasing the usable data transmission capacity by a factor of 10 to 20.
- FMC01 is a ground-breaking compact codec, encoder and decoder for high-quality FM MPX distribution via IP or E1 (G.703) and is the first unit to combine encoder and decoder functions in the same chassis.