[SatNews] Cobham will exhibit at the SATELLITE 2015 conference and exhibition, 17-19 March, 2015, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington DC.
Cobham’s stand—booth # 7025 in Hall D on the upper level of the Convention Center—will be open during the exhibition’s operating hours and staffed by personnel who can answer questions about the products on display. Cobham’s exhibit will display capabilities including:
- Airborne SATCOM: The AVIATOR 200S represents a real break-through in airborne communications, offering the simultaneous transmission of safety and non-safety services over the same Inmarsat SwiftBroadband channel. The system is designed with complete segregation between the cockpit and cabin domains ensuring that the cockpit to ATC network is secure while also enabling crew and passengers to make calls, send emails and use the Internet.
- Land SATCOM: the new EXPLORER 5075GX very small aperture terminal (VSAT), the first to receive INMARSAT GX type approval that offers users portability, ruggedness and ease of use; the new ultraportable EXPLORER 510 broadband global area network (BGAN) terminal, launched during early 2015; and the market leading, high profile EXPLORER 710 BGAN terminal.
- Maritime SATCOM: SAILOR 900 VSAT, Sea Tel 4412 VSAT, and the Sea Tel 9711 IMA C/Ku with switchable feed.
- Satellite antennas: Cobham is one of the market leaders of spaceborne positioning & datalink antennas for Telemetry, Tracking and Control (TT&C) and Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS).
- Satellite components: with the 2014 acquisition of Aeroflex, Cobham can now offer an expanded portfolio of semiconductor and integrated circuit, motion control and radio frequency and microwave (RFMW) solutions, along with electronic manufacturing services, for new satellite customers and companies that produce small SATS and government and commercial satellites. In addition, Cobham also offers a number of light weight waveguide switches and rotary joints for potential use by US SATCOM original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- Satellite payload test systems: also through the acquisition of Aeroflex, Cobham can now offer manufacturing test systems like the 7700 Integrated Microwave Test Solution – a scalable test system that can serve several aspects of the satellite industry. The system can be designed to test a simple RF component of the satellite, or it can be configured to execute very complex satellite payload tests.